Mixing netted dragons of different size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camt44

Reaction score
Hey, I currently have my 4 adult netted dragons living in a 4x2x2 tank, and 5 little ones about 3 months old living in a separate tub. I was wanting to put the little ones in with the big ones if that is possible... Has anyone tried this? What were the results? The big tank is filled with lots of hiding spots and branches and has 2 basking spots, so would it work out?
Thanks
cam

Personally I wouldnt yet. It depends mostly on size and sex ultimately and also if there is a particular dominant lizard already in the enclosure.
I have 2 hatchie CND's and they too are 3 months old and 1 is large for its age but not yet large enough to fend itself off from the bigger ones if they were to pick on it.

Yeh maybe I'll wait for another month or two... I'm just keen to get them into a bigger tank with more room and everything. Thanks for the help
cam

not a good idea. feeding alone presents problems. how do you feed slow small hatchies when there is adults running around in there? plus adults will munch hatchies just cuz they are small and run around.
i dont even keep all my adults together. and i have had to seperate hatchies as some grow quicker and when they are in a large group its too hard to monitor food intake

Not the best idea until you are sure of the sexes of all lizards, the males can be quite rough with one another, I have a male netted with a missing tail because the previous owner had him housed with a male sibling.

Thanks gex

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll wait a little while, when they are a bit bigger and then try it, with alot of supervision, see what happens. I'll get some pics up, I recently redid it so looks very different. Thanks
cam

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll wait a little while, when they are a bit bigger and then try it, with alot of supervision, see what happens. I'll get some pics up, I recently redid it so looks very different. Thanks
cam

Hey, cant wait to see pics of the tank. If you are going to sell anyone, i would take 1 or 2 females. lol thats if you ever want to sell some, just a got a lonly male running around 4ft tank.
thanks.

Yeh I'll take some pics tomorrow and put them up. Nah no females for sale, I'm keeping them! It seems very hard to find any female adults being sold (and if they are they are probably like 5 or 6 and not going to breed anyway), so I reckon its better to get a couple as unsexed hatchlings, growing them up and then you'll be practcally guaranteed to have a female, and she'll be young and healthy too!
Cam

good on you cam, would love to see pics of everything me.
it is hard to get females but i need a male would you believe, see the wanted adds

Ha, you're going against the trend bigi! Shouldn't be too hard I imagine. I'll probably try to get rid of some males in the future, but not now.
Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back