Feeding Trouble

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
I have a question regarding my BHP i bought just over 2 weeks ago and i have let him settle in for a few days i have tried to feed him 4 times since then and he is refusing to eat at all.. it has been 3 and a half weeks since he last ate.. he is my first BHP and is 4 months old and i don't know what to do i have tried force feeding him but i can't get his mouth open.. don't know what else to do.. any help would be great..

thanks kendra

What size rat/mouse are you offering Kendra? I know you are stressing, but 3.5 weeks isn't much try 3 months with a Bredli!!). Have you tried to talk to the Seller? Most are happy to offer extra advice.

let it settle for another week, dont handle, dont offer food, dont open cage except to change the water...my darwin didnt eat for 3 weeks after i got him, just took a little longer than normal to settle in before he would feed, took me doing the above to get him to feed

I have rang the seller and he just told me to wait a few more days that was nearly a week ago.. I'm trying to fed him pinkie rats which is what the guy told me he was feeeding him... just worried about him that's all.. all my other snakes ate pretty much 4 or 5 days after bringing them home...

He is in pretty much the same enclosure that the seller had him in.. i have the heat cord down one end and it sits at 30.5 degrees and 22.3 at the other end... i bought him from a guy that lives about 5 minutes from my house..

i have a friend whos black heads are in cool down mode now and it probably wont eat for another 3 months now, but because its only young im not sure, i think the best bet is what tigercoastal said leave him for a week, if that dosent work contact your seller and go from there

thanks guys will do that.. if still no luck in a week will contact the seller again..

check temps, let it settle, leave the food in their over night and make sure tis nice and dark and no stress, also are you sure your feeding it a pinkie rat, because i would think that was tiny for a 4 month old black head. hatchie carpets eat those, and they are much small then a hatchy black head.

i have checked my temps.. I have left his food in overnight and he is in a dark spot and wouldn't eat it.. yeah i am feeding him pinkie rats that is what the seller said he has been feeding him.. what should he be eating? i'm sure he is looking for food but just won't eat.. Here is some pictures of him so you can see what size he is...

Attachments

• DSCF2313.jpg
    DSCF2313.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF2311.jpg
    DSCF2311.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back