Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best python in temperament (placidness)(half), colour, personality, and pattern!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks stu - i could do with a few more at my place to keep the mozzie population down!

If you are worried about getting bitten get a hatchy and then at least you can get bitten by something small to start with and get used to it before its big and will actually hurt. Your skills will grow as the snake does.

there is no bredli on there :( i would reckonmend the bredli python :D they are the best. They are stunning, aswell as having a top temprament, and are just awesome :) they dont get too big either :)

I agree with ozzie, for the most part. bhps are known for fantastic temperaments but i did get bitten by one just today! although it is the first time ive been propperly bitten by one (if the very slow snout rubbing and then slowly biting you that seems to be the preffered attack against people doesnt count) i did also get bitten by him inside his enclosure, the day after he was fed, so time/place/individual snake is as important as breed in a lot of cases. for example, my JCP just shouldnt be handled mid week because he gets bitey but wouldnt dream of biting you any other time. whereas my CTS (beautiful blue phase) just plain doesnt bite, nomatter where you grab, poke, squeeze, or tug (she had a tan bark obstruction in her stomach and basically underwent three days of WAY too much experimentation due to it, also got sexed in this time aswell, and she never bit or stunk once)

i keep 2 pythons at the moment so i can take a bite but i prefer not too but i guess thats how snakes are.

any more comments will be great

Fabregas - I chose Woma - great personality, good temperament (once they have figured out you're not food) and great markings...

...my advice though, worry less about temperament...

I would take one good feeder over ten good handlers any day...

...a poor feeding animal is MUCH more difficult to care for than one that is on the snappy side...

common guys. which python is for me

In all honesty how can any of us answer this? We are not you. What we like may not be what you like. You need to pick a snake that you WANT... Or else you will end up with a snake you don't really like. (Like my daughter asking for Blonde Spotteds... NOT my Cup of Tea at all.)

I swear by BHPs- temperment is great, colours fantastic, good eaters & great to handle (mine are anyway). With Bredli coming in 2nd, until I get Womas & then the Jury may offer a new verdict.

But in swearing by BHPs- I might have gotten lucky & got ones with great temperments & colours... Who is to say you will have the same result?

You have a Woma- what is it like? BHPs are fairly similar from what I have heard.

Last edited:
Fabregas - I chose Woma - great personality, good temperament (once they have figured out you're not food) and great markings...

...my advice though, worry less about temperament...

I would take one good feeder over ten good handlers any day...

...a poor feeding animal is MUCH more difficult to care for than one that is on the snappy side...

Spot on Simon. Think about what you are looking at- if it is a troubled feeder you will spend forever on it & loose enjoyment fast.

i went MD only because its closest to my favourite snake in a coastal, i pick coastals because the one i have is the most placid easy going snake :) colour isnt what i look for its temp

i vote B&W diamond, the male is so good hes been poked prodded and probed and not so much as a hiss from him, his girl friend on the other hand.. ... total bitch!.

but each snake is different, no 2 will have the same traits

there is no bredli on there :( i would reckonmend the bredli python :D they are the best. They are stunning, aswell as having a top temprament, and are just awesome :) they dont get too big either :)

See, heres where the conjecture begins. I've heard Bredli have a great reputation, yet mine is worse than my water pythons! Though he is still only a yearling...

See, heres where the conjecture begins. I've heard Bredli have a great reputation, yet mine is worse than my water pythons! Though he is still only a yearling...

hahahah theres a first. and a yearling u say? would have thought he would have grown out of being a nasty bugger by now? i reckon you may just have a nasty bredli if u say hes worse than your waters. or ur a VERY lucky water python owner. which one do you think you are? (if not both)

sye

My first snake was a BHP and my second was a diamond. Both have been dream captives.
Both look great, both really placid, and both eat like pigs!
Diamonds maybe a bit harder to start with cos they need cooling.
But get what you are most drawn to, you will regret it if you dont.

I have to go woma. But i haven't owned any of the others.. yet lol

My girl was the most placid thing and full of personality. Plus i liked her patterns. I'd sit there for ages finding the shape of letters in her stripes (Yep, i need a life). She was good for cuddles too. Very squishy.

She did get a little bit cage protective at one stage shortly after we got her, but she soon got over it.

But like stated above i have to say go with what you like. Temperament in my opinion comes later. Health first.

i voted woma because they look great and has good personalities. MD would definitely have been second choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back