BidRivals.com

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow im addicted already... i just signed up.. 1 free bid.. O_O

I think, youd need alot of time to win something, ive been watching them and they go on and on and on..gets to 2 seconds..then back up to 20 seconds..then repeats..

I probably shouldnt have signed up..im such an impulse buyer eek

Sel - I think if you do some looking at what other similar items sell for then you'll get in the correct time for the bids - though that's also the risk you take!!!

It's just as easy to miss out as it is to get in!

If there's something you really want, do some research on it and see how much it's sold for in the past, so you'll have an idea of what the average price they go for is. Then you can watch an auction and when it gets close to this price, start bidding.

Hang there a sec... you're not just bidding against Australians... but the whole WORLD!!!

That makes it even more difficult!

Very dodgey.Check out some of the threads about it on whirlpool.

I used it about 12 months ago and spent money on bids that after bidding on a few different auctions for the same type item won nothing....

In the end i probably could have bought the item in a store for the amount of bids i bought, but when you have waisted money on bids for nothing you figure you may as well keep trying rather than waiting your money.

You buy your bids lets say $10 for 20 bids, one you have used your bids they are gone, so if someone else wins the item your $10 is gone and so are your bids.

I have to wonder if any of the cheap cheap auctions that have ended are real cause everytime i bid on anything there would always be others bidding up to near buy price.

The trick i have found is dont bid on something that bid agents are bidding on, bid on items that singles are bidding on, Im going to give it a go with my free bids first to see how it goes.

If you do win something on this site, the savings on new is clearly outweighed by what you spent on bids, it just takes a bit of common sense really.

my trick is log on at like 2 am and bid then as i figure less ppl are on:)

thats for graysonline.com btw no bidrivals i signed up for that just befor thought i won a camera. i didnt it sat on 0seconds for awhile then just said i missed it...

The item im looking at has just under an hour to go, im waiting for those bid agents to kick in. Will keep you guys posted on how it goes.

We use graysonline.com heaps.

Have bought loads from there, from pandora beads, computers, stereos, to our new kitchen (ex display)

It's not a scam as much as it's a very clever device for taking your money if you're willing to part with it!

It's called gambling :)

I think if your smart with it, you could get some bargains..i think jewly did well

Yep its a scam alright, bidagents kicked in just as i thought they would with llike a minute to go.

The BidAgents act on behalf of the users. It's not a scam. I always use BidAgent and you tell it how much you want to spend and it then bids on your behalf. It will place the bid with only 3 secs remaining.

yes very well aware of what bid agents are, we have something ximilar on ebay, the difference is if you look at all items the bid agents seem to kick in at the same time, a way to get more money off you. I have read every post on that whirlpool site and there were only two people that received items. Its like the lottery, you got one in a million of actually winning something.

yep, ive used this site.
by the time you buy enough bids to win something, its cheaper on ebay ;)

100% AGREED!!!!

There's no way on earth you'll ever make money or buy cheap goods on this site - unless...

Everyone joins a consortium to 'block out' other bidders - in other words if you knew who was bidding you could ask them to stop bidding hence you can win at much lower value.

They're not a fair and transparent site at all - I've searched and searched for their phone number, but there isn't one.

There physical address is well hidden too!!

Regardless of how 'inviting' it looks, I can tell you now there's too many people losing and only a couple of 'lucky' ones gaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back