movng back to canberra help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doods189

Reaction score
i all i was wondering if anyone has any info on moving to another state iam currently living on the south coast and thinking about moving back to canberra does anyone know what i have to do about all my reptileif we move back to canberra

i looked into it not long ago as we were moving ,,,,, and may have ended up in the act rather than nsw .... and was told as i haddent held alicence in the act be4 i'd have to apply and write up a husbandry plan for each animal and have it approved be4 i could move them .. best bet would be call licenceing in act and ask them what the requirments are

thanks guys. if i have to write up a husbandry plan for each reptile i have its gonna take me ages to do it lol. should just stay in nsw

I think you'll find if you phone TAMS and explain your situation they are usually quite reasonable. I'm in the ACT and I know some of our rules about number of animals alloud to be kept are a little anal, however there is good news too. An ACT licence will cover import and export, so no cost to get them in or out of the state like in NSW. Also if you plan on keeping frogs they are all covered under a sperate licence for amphibians... Covers all breeds of amphibian, no class. Phone TAMS they will let you know what is best to do.

oh... might also be an idea to speak with Peter @ exotic Pets, he has more reps than you can poke a stick at. [ no links thanks ]

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks cidden yeh ive spent lots of $$$$$$ from exotic pets i talk to peter all the time about reptiles.

Hasn't he changed the name of it now to Reptiles inc?
[ no links thanks ]

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved from SA to ACT not too long ago, I didn't have any trouble but I didn't have a large collection. I had to get the SA export permit and an import/licence to keep here in the ACT (just check two boxes on the same application). Getting the ACT licences did require a few short lines on the enclosures/care, but didn't take me more than 5mins per species. I agree with Cidden, TAMS have been really good to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back