Arnhem Land snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeha its a firetail skink. can't remember the scientific or sub-species name tho.

Gordo am loving that pic ...when in doubt GRAB A MOP!! bahhhhhhh ha ha classic ;)
your so lucky to have that chance of being where you are ..get out and take more herp pics will ya :)

Great Photos,

I did a stint out that way a couple of years ago and was always pulling snakes off the road before cowboys run them over for fun.

Lucky you Gordo, living in Gunbulanya!

Theres some fantastic country around there, though you'll probably have to wait for the dry to do much exploring.

You might even come across an Oenpelli Python...if not there's heaps of other interesting stuff to see.

You have a great opportunity to get to know the locals as well....you will learn a lot from them if they take you out bush or hunting.....they have a wealth of knowledge but from an entirely different perspective.

Don't underestimate those crocs.....you are pretty much surrounded by them in a good wet season.

Lucky you Gordo, living in Gunbulanya!

Theres some fantastic country around there, though you'll probably have to wait for the dry to do much exploring.

You might even come across an Oenpelli Python...if not there's heaps of other interesting stuff to see.

You have a great opportunity to get to know the locals as well....you will learn a lot from them if they take you out bush or hunting.....they have a wealth of knowledge but from an entirely different perspective.

Don't underestimate those crocs.....you are pretty much surrounded by them in a good wet season.

Trust me i know all about the crocs! There's not too many people that are as wary of crocs as i am. We get this sort of thing happening out here Cops shoot dead attacking croc | Northern Territory News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au lol.

I dunno about those oenpellis hey, i don't think there are enough wallabies around our area to sustain a large snake. They'd probably be a bit further out where the hunting pressure isn't quite so high. You'll have to let me know where you found that tai and see if i can't photograph some.

Trust me i know all about the crocs! .

I thought I did too when i first moved there!......and its not the crocs you see that you have to worry about!

The more you learn about crocs the more respect you have for them as a predator!

I thought I did too when i first moved there!......and its not the crocs you see that you have to worry about!

The more you learn about crocs the more respect you have for them as a predator!

I've been living in the NT since i was 11, i've got a very healthy respect for crocodiles. I know it's the one you don't see that eats you.

Some nice snakes there. The only elapids I saw around the escarpment areas were keelbacks and slatey greys! I'd love to be back up there right now getting more pics of some things I missed.

I agree about the crocs, I was always paranoid I was going to get taken by one when looking for frogs around the billabongs at night!

Some nice snakes there. The only elapids I saw around the escarpment areas were keelbacks and slatey greys! I'd love to be back up there right now getting more pics of some things I missed.

I agree about the crocs, I was always paranoid I was going to get taken by one when looking for frogs around the billabongs at night!

Ummm, they are colubrids not elapids. But i'm sure you're just testing us right? lol.

Great part of the country up there!
That Black Whip Snake is a beauty. Are the white spots only visible when it's agitated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back