Best thing happened today

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Now some of you are going to say, that what i am about to say is not a good thing and its terrible etc etc but i dont care because i was once a P plater and its people like this idiot today that ruin it for the good P plate drivers.

Anyway. It has been raining here for the last couple of days and with rain brings out all these idiots in their BOMMODORES trying to impress all the mates in the car. Well today was one of those days and the day i have been waiting for.

I was at a set of lights about to turn left and there was a red P plater driving a commodore in front of me. He was at the very front and i was directly behind him. Well when the lights went green he started to spin his tyres on the spot, then slid out around the corner and continued sliding up the road to the next set of lights.

I was sitting behind him at the next set of lights shaking my head at him and the idiot just looked in his mirror and smiled. Well he took off again sliding and fishin it everywhere only to lose control at the next corner and run into a telegraph pole. It could not of happened to a better person. I have to admit i just beeped my horn, smiled and kept on driving.

Its more to the point of what if there was a child or anyone for that matter standing in front of the telegraph pole. These idiots just dont think.

Well that was my story for the day.

Cameron

Hello,

Now some of you are going to say, that what i am about to say is not a good thing and its terrible etc etc but i dont care because i was once a P plater and its people like this idiot today that ruin it for the good P plate drivers.

Anyway. It has been raining here for the last couple of days and with rain brings out all these idiots in their BOMMODORES trying to impress all the mates in the car. Well today was one of those days and the day i have been waiting for.

I was at a set of lights about to turn left and there was a red P plater driving a commodore in front of me. He was at the very front and i was directly behind him. Well when the lights went green he started to spin his tyres on the spot, then slid out around the corner and continued sliding up the road to the next set of lights.

I was sitting behind him at the next set of lights shaking my head at him and the idiot just looked in his mirror and smiled. Well he took off again sliding and fishin it everywhere only to lose control at the next corner and run into a telegraph pole. It could not of happened to a better person. I have to admit i just beeped my horn, smiled and kept on driving.

Its more to the point of what if there was a child or anyone for that matter standing in front of the telegraph pole. These idiots just dont think.

Well that was my story for the day.

Cameron

I've seen nearly an identical situation occur- silver commodore, young male driving--> driving too fast trying to show off, hit a roundabout, skidded on the wet road (it was raining) and hit a steel light post.

People need to grow up and learn to behave in a mature manner when it affects others. They're endangering peoples lives, and they should give a damn about it. Personally, I hate most teens/young adults and the majority of their values, behaviours and mannerisms. They seem too arrogent and up themselves- all they try to do is show off and fool around, quite often in dangerous ways.

Well i am a red p plater, i have a done up car, with alot of exterior work done, but nothing to engine or anything performance for that factor there, i no my limits and do not want alot of power under my foot, exactly why i will not get myself a V6, i love my car, and would mnever be a ******** for the fact i would be devastated if i ever crashed my car, 1. I love it to much and 2. how do you live with yourself injuring someone especially permanently

Well i am a red p plater, i have a done up car, with alot of exterior work done, but nothing to engine or anything performance for that factor there, i no my limits and do not want alot of power under my foot, exactly why i will not get myself a V6, i love my car, and would mnever be a ******** for the fact i would be devastated if i ever crashed my car, 1. I love it to much and 2. how do you live with yourself injuring someone especially permanently

See, thats the right mentality. Fair enough if you want a nice looking car, I have no issues with that (And I quite like checkin out other peoples nice modifications etc lol)

Whats not ok is the idiots with little experience driving that get a V6, modify it, and hoon around to show off. I've recently gone onto my open licence but have never been pulled over, no speeding tickets, never done anything wrong.

not ALL P platers and learners are bad- its just a few (in some particular areas, the majority) that give everyone else a bad reputation

lmao, love it Cameron, wish i was there. As long as no one was hurt, better he learns by hitting pole then hit another car.

Thank you, i cant say ive never been pulled over cause my car is a cop magnet, its a lance but got and Evo body kit, meaning cops thinks it has turbo, hence why i get pulled over, but still no bookings as its perfectly legal...

Fantastic story!!! I love it when that happens - hope you don't mind if I share my story as well...

I was driving along a normal suburban street when a Rav 4 and young occupants raced up behind me... Tailgating incredibly close! I just obeyed the speed limit.

We came to an intersection and I had to give way to a bicycle - they BEEPED at me....

I just shook my head. Drove normally.

He had no room to pass - but I obeyed the speed limits.

We got to a stop sign... I stopped... Did the right thing - maybe a little too right because of this tossy behind me... But I continued... Obviously my speed limit obeying wasn't enough, so he changed down, nailed it to over take me... Just before a round about... couldn't control it... Hit the round about and blew out his rear tyre!

I'm just glad he did that before he hurt someone!

I laughed and waved politely as I drove past.... Oh... It was one of the happiest moments of my life....

I had a bommodore jump up onto the next doors frount yard after being hit by a barina? anyway, next door usually has a shmick fancy rich person car on the frount lawn, but luckily for them it wasnt there for this instant. Pity.... I was quite dissapointed...

Felt sorry for the kids in one of the cars, thats even more annoying when stupid drivers are selfish enough to act like ****ers when they have kids in the car.

I saw a P-Plater in a commodore years ago come around a corner. Tried to get it sideways, which commodore diffs are not set up to do reliably, ended up facing a shopping centre car park, overcorrected once now facing a HSV dealership, overcorrected again this time way too far to ever get it back. Mounted the gutter, across the footpath, over a guardrail, nosedived off an 8ft drop into the car park at about 70 odd km/h and slammed into the opposite car park wall. When we got over there he was on the phone to his mum saying he didn't know what happened, the throttle stuck on. It was mums car.

These people give a bad name for the sensible ones. They think their cars handle like Supercars and they can thrash them and throw them around and all will be ok. But they don't realise how quick a car will let go when it wants to. There's a very fine line between the limit of traction and out of your control, and it'll happen in a split second. Then they try these things in the wet because their Bommodores can't do it in the dry and the car lets go even quicker. It takes a lot of experience to know how to control a car properly and do it at the right time and place.

Cheers,
Allan

I own and operate a commodore club in SE QLD and yes I must say there are a lot of commodore drivers out there young and old that give us sensible commodore drivers a bad name. Fortunately my club is the only club that doesnt have a stigma of police around it as I am a hard **** when it comes to stupidity from my members on the roads.

Im my travels recently though I have noticed that the offenders are mostly P platers lately in all sorts of cars not just commodores, unfortunately this is giving a stigma to all p platers and is ruining the rep of sensible ones.

Actually come to think of it Snaketeur, I think the stereotype of the P-Plater and Commodore is because for those of us who are many years off our P's, when we were a P-Plater the Commodore was the most affordable car that wasn't a small/slow 4cyl, looked ok/newish, had a bit of power. During my P-Plater days the VL ('87'/'88'or VP if you wanted to spend a little more) was the car of choice, or a comparative Falcon. Cheapest Jap imports were too expensive, well over $10K+, unless you wanted a loan, and Civic's, Lancer's etc just didn't cut it. Hence nearly every P-Plater, including me, chose the commodore.
Since then many manufacturers have put performance into their smaller cars over the last 15 years or so and P-Platers have a multitude of vehicles available in the price range of a 17yr old's savings that they seem to choose over the Commodore.
Now the stereotype is steering toward the Jap Import because some are now affordable and (not to start a debate) majority of Aust. built cars simply can't compare.
Unfortunately for you and your club, I think the only thing keeping the stereotype on the Commodore Driver is, IMO, as there are more and more Import drivers now and it seems they all say every person that wants to race them is a P/Plater in a Commodore or an Ex P-Plater still in a Commodore.
I've had a Jap import since my VL. I now find myself in that stereotype, the same as you do the Commodore, and hate the bad name we get because of some idiot's in our type of cars.

Cheers,
Allan
Sorry to Hijack you thread.Camo

Last edited:
I agree it is immensely satisfying to see idiots driving fast/dangerously get their comeuppance, but it's not just Pplaters in V8s, it's tradies in utes at 6 am driving aggressively, morons on the F3 in Porsches going at 140km/h and Mosman mums driving their massive 4WDs, totally oblivious to everyone around them.

And I think there is nothing better than seeing them pulled over by an unmarked police car, as you know it is going to cost them in points and $$$. I love to just smile and wave as I pass them...

Disclaimer: I actually drive a Commodore, but it is our family station wagon, usually full of surfboards, fishing gear, child booster seats and a big dog!

This minority are the ones giving all P platers a bad name...... As a P plater myself I have never been in trouble with the law. I really feel for those young people who do the right thing and are being disgraced by that minority.....

These idiots are everywhere, and I'll agree, it is awsome to see them cop it when its only them who are affected... It doesn't explain however why nothing ever gets done about. The government is happy to dish out more and more fines (extra speed cameras ect), but the old saying that prevention is better than cure rings true here. Advanced defensive driver training should be a mandatory part of getting your liscence! Put these guys out on a skid pan and let them find out first hand how easily and how suddenly a car can go beyond the drivers control, more than that, it would let them learn this in an environment where they wont kill themselves or an innocent bystander! Then again, that would cost the government money, rather than make it, and in the end, isn't that what's important?

Thanks for all the good replies. I am glad you all seen my funny side of the story.

Next time it might not be so funny (hit someone) and thats the part that angers me.

lets just hope he stops and thanks his lucky stars no one was hurt well maybe him. he might think about it for next time he gets behind the wheel.

lets just hope he stops and thanks his lucky stars no one was hurt well maybe him. he might think about it for next time he gets behind the wheel.
Thats the thing but, they dont. It does not make the think twice. He will be out and about in no time probably doing the same thing.

Where I live, its not the v8's that you need to look out for( as p platers cannot drive v8's - well legally anyway ) it is the idiots in the hot 4's and 6's that can do just as much damage as the 8's.
Some of the 4's and 6's of today have more torque and power than the older v8's.

Where I work - we get them all day on their way 2 and from work - as they come aroung the corner they are doing at least 50 and by the time they get just past us ( approx 30 m from the corner ) they can get up to at least 60-80. ( its only a 50k zone)
We keep telling the police to set up a radar down the road - but they wont - as they have their designated sites for the radars.
I work in the motor vehicle industry ( parts and acc ) and I see all the numnuts that come in to get stuff to hot up their cars - I can only shake my head at them

It is just the few that have to spoil it for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back