Safety Glass BROKEN

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletproofkid

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently had my shed broken into via the window, however the glass is about 1.5cm thick safety glass, police reckon it was just broken, how on earth did the crims break my safety glass just by hitting it
Shed any light?

Thanks

Safety glass is still able to be broken.It's called safety glass for the way it breaks,as in not into sharp little pieces,more like the way a windscreen breaks.

Even bullet proof glass can be broken If you know how

Ceramic from the end of a spark plug will break just about any glass. Without any noise. I used to see car thieves in Sydney do it all the time.

schlumpe at least your half right. still is loud. Plus im still not fully convinced a spark plug piece can do it. The window smashers that you find on Buses will 100% do it all the time. Leaves a hole big enough for your fist to go through, lift the lock then open door. saftey glass just takes a little longer and a lot louder.

cheers

There are several high rated security screens, though not infallible, but a deterant for the not so hardened crim.

Yea mate it just dosnt shatter like normal glass, takes a bit more and is louder. And as for the screens it dont take much to get through them, i see it every day. plus there is always glass beside it.
Big *** dog!!!!!

Safety/tempered glass is actually easier to break then normal glass BUT it has to be a really small footprint on the screen to do it.
For eg: you can hit it reasonably hard with a large piece of 4x2, but a nail in the centre with a bit of pressure will shatter it, this is why it is no good to use for fishtanks.

i work with this type of glass if they leavered it from under the edge with a crow bar and got pressure on the edge of the glass would have poped easyly .ive hit 6 mm toughened (safety glass) with a hammer quite hard face on and didnt do much but just slightly tap it on an edge it explodes with a bang (ha ha big mess) hope this helps pm me for any extra info on toughened glass

yes Daryl, when it goes bang man is it loud, saw the fire department do it in Melb, small sharp punch and engineers hammer to the bottom corner and Bang it all goes pop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back