Temp/Lighting question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OReilly

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondering if it's ok to turn the heat lamp and fluro light off at night times? It dosen't get too cold where i am and my room is fairly humid as well. Plus the tank is a wood based one so it insulates well anyway.

i dont think many people on here even do keep heat and light on at night. you should always turn your light off anyway to regulate their sleeping patterns. but i dont even use a heat source for my jungle, it gets hot enough in her tank here.

Definitely turn the visible lights off so they can get some darkness. With the heat, I guess it depends on what you're keeping and how cold it gets in the tank... I don't use any night heating though
cam

Well im in melbourne, and i turn the Diamonds off at night np..But with my jungles the heat stays on all the time ..off a thermostat of course... 8)

I leave the heat lamp on all the time, and the UV on a timer for 10 hours a day

Im still tossing up on this issue before my Maccie comes home to live.

Have been checking my Temp probe and its ranging from 28-29C (when the thermostat brings the heat globe on)
to about 33.5 - 34C (when the thermostat turns the Globe back off)

My themometer has 2 probes, 1 in the Viv and 1 just in my room, and you can do a Min/Max temp call up for that day (or since last time you reset it.)

Currently my room is getting down as low as 21C Overnight and it aint quite winter yet so Im thinkin during those months the heat will definately be on over night.

During summer.......................

In the past I have seen the temp in the house sit at 29-30 so chances are the thermostat wont even kick in at all and bring the Heat Globe on with days like that.

turn the visible lights off. its up to you if you want to keep the heat on. pretty much everywhere in Australia experiences cold nights. Alice springs can get in the single digits at night and centralian carpets are fine. tiles or rocks can absorb heat and radiate it through out the night as well.

Yeah i live near some Bushland nature reserve and im gonna go an a walk and search for a nice flat piece of Bushrock or sandstone to put beneath the heatlamp to soak up some heat for that very purpose.

Of course the rock will be thoroughly washed and cleaned first.

Yeah i live near some Bushland nature reserve and im gonna go an a walk and search for a nice flat piece of Bushrock or sandstone to put beneath the heatlamp to soak up some heat for that very purpose.

Of course the rock will be thoroughly washed and cleaned first.

I thought removing bushrock from the bush was illegal? but maybe Im mistaken here

My description of bushland may have been inacurate.

Its just a shabby old park with some scrub and a Bicycle track.

There are bits of rock laying around on the edge of the paths etc.

If it is Illegal I can just as easily do the right thing and purchase some from garden centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back