What is this

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacky

Not so new Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me these pics wondering whit it is. the picture quality isn't to good as they where taken on a mobile in the ER department of the local hospital.Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
2.jpg

photo.jpg

Morelia spilota - Carpet python. Harmless, obviously.

It doesn't look very healthy :( What happened?

It became aggressive when the home owner pinned it
If your live in Strathfield they found your stimmie.
snakepics12.jpg

What happened was that it was small and the guy tried to pick it up, bit him, so he killed it and went to the ER department because he was told that all snakes are poisonous.

It became aggressive when the home owner pinned it
If your live in Strathfield they found your stimmie.
snakepics12.jpg
SEE ..now you might be a bit more aware about making sure your tubs and enclosures are closed correctly ...well someones pet is now cactus ....very sad PETER :(

blacky i hope this is april fools. Im sure if you are a suscriber or an aussie you wouldve known what it was. very sad

blacky i hope this is april fools. Im sure if you are a suscriber or an aussie you wouldve known what it was. very sad

Jessica please dont assume that just because someone is a subscriber they know everything, its like assuming that someone should be able to spell subscriber especially considering its in the thread 5 times.

also isn't a second opinion a good thing.

rbb yes it was killed because someone went to pick it up and paniced when it bit them

And once again this is why people shouldn't touch snakes when they have no idea what they are ...and people still wonder why they get bitten...

well hospitals have certain protocls they follow for any snake bites. Pluse they seem to like to take the micky out of people who could have prevented the situation by thinking. so they would of had a good night of geting poked and prodded until they sent them home with a don't be so stupid next time.

i hope they recieved an enima & lots of nasty injection will in hosi...

VERY SAD BLACKY :( .....poor little carpet snake .......and same for that poor stimmi too on peters post ...still it shows alot of people are still very non knowing about snakes in general and kill first ask questions later is still high on their list ...

OMG i so hate peoples ignorance... and these poor things pay the price..:(

Its not just ignorance, it is a deep seated ignorance based on irrational fears of things people are not even interested in knowing or understanding coupled with the idea that as someone who likes and is pro snake your a mug and a half wit who is going to tell wild BS stories that dont conform to what they know to be fact. That snakes are dangerous, mindless and aggressive killing machines that wont stop unless you can kill them first.
Well, not always but today I feel like it is.

Don't you just love the fact that people will still try and mess around with an animal when 1) They don't know what it is, and 2) They don't know what they're doing ...yet they STILL get bitten, and simply because they fail to abide by those two simple points.

Who generally loses in a Snake v Human confrontation?? Generally it's ALWAYS the snake. No wonder they are scared to death of us! The snake is the smart one for simply being afraid! Whereas people can be just plain stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back