Melbourne = underratted DUW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great shots again Gus, are you shooting with a DSLR? I'm amazed how you guys can find all these reptiles, I can't remember the last time I saw a Blue Tongue!

You don't get all those species in Melbourne, but either way, you've done an amazing job to find them all in about three days! I've lived in Melbourne almost my whole life and never seen a Delma impar in the wild. I'm guessing I know where you saw them, were they easy to find?

froggyboy86, yes i use a dslr. it had been a few years since i saw blue tongues in the wild. i've seen 1 in north qld but probably been 15 years since i saw one in vic. saw about 10 this week

varanid mike, we got everything a day and a half except the tiger which took another morning to find.

sdaji, we got 3 delma's, i would say they were hard to find cause i didnt find any of them.

gus

Nice pics Gus, Glad you enjoyed your time down here. I should have got you to tag along on Fri. Could have added another 4 or 5 species for you.
You would have been spewin. Got a 5 + foot unbanded tiger.

Sdaji, you wouldnt have guessed this pop of impar. Its not a well known locality. PM me if you like.

I will post some of my shots later.
Ads

bloody lucky to see all of those herps in such a small space of time! ive gone out for week long hikes in mid-spring and only seen 1 or 2 different types of skink, so you really must know where to look. well done again

some of mine in no particular order.
Perons Tree Frog
peronstreefrog.jpg

Pink Tailed Worm Lizard
pinktailedwormlizard.jpg

A pair of Southern Grass Skinks
southerngrassskinkmaleandfemale.jpg

female
southerngrassskinkfemale.jpg

male
southerngrassskinkmale.jpg

Striped Legless Lizard
stripedleglesslizard.jpg

Banjo Frog
banjofrog.jpg

Blue Tongue
bluetongue.jpg

Little Whip Snake
littlewhipsnake.jpg

Striped Skink
stripedskink.jpg

Tiger Snake
tigersnake.jpg

Whites Skink
whitesskink.jpg

Ads

Amazing the array of reps found down here in vicco, great shots Gus, love that tiger :)

amazing photo's, me and a friend (who does photography) are heading to Melbourne later this year, definitely gives me alot to look forward to

Great photos ads, your photos turned out really well! what were the other species you found on the friday? i managed to find one more skink back at the same place i found the white lipped snake, wasn't able to get a photo. I think you told me another species that lives over that way, do you remember what it was?

Gus

Nice pics adam, you bastard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back