My Blue Green Tree Frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweethips12

Reaction score
Ok, so here they are, pics of the new little guy and his girlfriend. Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• Bluey1.jpg
    Bluey1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 185
  • Bluey2.jpg
    Bluey2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Bluey3.jpg
    Bluey3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Bluey4.jpg
    Bluey4.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 160
i tried to pick one of these up once cause he was the in shed near my dog. i picked him up to put him out in the rain. then he made a loud noise and kicked out off my hand onto the grass. spun me out. it was funny,

''Spun me out', Ive only ever heasrd that expression from stoners. Hahaha

What does a blue GTF set you back? A arm and a leg? They rare?

i was stoned and had been eating magic mushrooms. im pretty sure i would never have notice a frog looking up at me asking for help other wise

i was stoned and had been eating magic mushrooms. im pretty sure i would never have notice a frog looking up at me asking for help other wise

It was probably talking to you too....I'm surprised it wasn't dancing..:lol:

HAHA I love you NoURdeadRight. xD

Nice frog too. He looks so cool!

How cool's the blue dude! Wonder how common these guys are in captivity, haven't seen any round on the market...

i have heard of a few blue ones around, would love to own one myself. If you ever want to sell..... lol. apparently there is a guy in melbourne with a blue white lip, that'd be great to see.

Those are nice well-fed frogs! Has the blue one always had those green discolourations on it?

Aaron

Believe it or not the green blotches are just areas where the frog has yellow pigmentation in its skin.
The frog is blue from lack of yellow pigment

Yeah im not sure how many are on the market, just this guy is a client of mine and didnt want him anymore, so i brought him. Im not sure who he brought them off. But i plan to breed this year, so i will keep everybody posted on them, and hopfully he throughs a few blues like himself. id love to see more of them on the market.

i remember an article in aussie reptile mag sayin somethin about they had one at a university somewhere and it got eaten cause they didnt close the door.. sometin like it was pricless.. all off memory so i might be wrong

Sweethips12, is that blue specimen of yours a Litoria caerulea?

Im fairly sure that caerulea actually means blue in latin. Also interesting, frog in Japanese is Caeru which I have often thought that it might be because japanese often associate bright greens with blue :)

Ive seen the blue ones before at shops. Green tree frogs seem to come in a few different shades of green. Probably related to diet and/or environment. While this one is probably at the more colourful end of the shades, I have seen some quite dull green ones as well.

Last edited:
Im fairly sure that caerulea actually means blue in latin. Also interesting, frog in Japanese is Caeru which I have often thought that it might be because japanese often associate bright greens with blue :).

Are you sure? That really doesn't sound like a Japanese word.

Edit: Just looked it up, it's actually kaeru haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back