New Brisbane speed cameras!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTsteve

Reaction score
Anyone see them on the news?!?!?

Plain white unmarked Holden Colorados. Anyone notice them anywhere today?

if you dont want to give the police your money then dont speed.......its pretty simple really.

I'm more worried about parking tickets, parked in the valley a month ago, the parking guy stood and watched me park as he wrote out another persons ticket, I walked over to the parking meter where an old man was trying repeatedly to put a 10 cent piece in (machines dont take them because the council doesn't want them) and while I stood there waiting for the old guy to move, the parking inspector waited and then gave me a ticket for taking too long to put a parking pass on my car. He watched the whole time, saw what was happening, handed me the ticket and said "tough luck" as he put the ticket on my car and walked away. Am waiting for an answer from the local council from my complaint..... waiting,.... waiting.......

i may not entirely agree with it all but speed limits are what they are and we cant change them and we can get booked for exceeding them and we cant change that either........

I always though the minimum was 3km over the limit.

I'm more worried about parking tickets, parked in the valley a month ago, the parking guy stood and watched me park as he wrote out another persons ticket, I walked over to the parking meter where an old man was trying repeatedly to put a 10 cent piece in (machines dont take them because the council doesn't want them) and while I stood there waiting for the old guy to move, the parking inspector waited and then gave me a ticket for taking too long to put a parking pass on my car. He watched the whole time, saw what was happening, handed me the ticket and said "tough luck" as he put the ticket on my car and walked away. Am waiting for an answer from the local council from my complaint..... waiting,.... waiting.......

and they wonder why people want to deck them,....honestly i hate them...

i may not entirely agree with it all but speed limits are what they are and we cant change them and we can get booked for exceeding them and we cant change that either........

You dont agree with speed limits??

I believe there is a 7 or 8% allowance for discrepancy, incase a speedo isn't working properly.

I have always told my kids if they get booked for speeding that if they didn't speed, they wouldn't get picked out/on!!!!!!

So let me take a stab in the dark at this...

They've setup White Holden Colorado's on the side of the road with speed camera's in them???... So that makes you think that its just a parked car?

1km over the speed limit is VERY TIGHT, only a >Insert Bad word< of an officer would do that either he's had a really bad day or he's just a plain old >Insert bad word<... lol.

sel - no, i agree with speed limits but being done 1km over i dont think is right....its too tight a tolerance and doesn't allow for errors in the vehicles calibration.

speed limits are set for the lowest common denominator.

For example. Aunt Mavis who is 90 years old driving her 30 year old corona with crap tyres and brakes.

Now, is it fair to bring everyone else down to that level and also, fine the hell out of them if they dont comply?

The faster you drive, the less time you spend on the road = less chance of getting caught or being in an accident ;)

I have been told the 10% thing is BS and its just that they are required to give you a ticket if you are over 10%. Its differant in each state too. If you are going 1km over the speed limit and dont admit to speeding i cant see the fine sticking, if you admit you are speeding them you probably will get a fine.

He can easly get off that one. They have to allow 10% speedo error and 3% radar error. If they use a Lidar, it is only 10% speedo error because they are dead on.

I have calibrated the radars, They can drift in and of tolerance quite easily. 3% is being very leniant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back