Renting rant!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its mayfield, ****ty suburb, but a quiet street behind woolies, it was $130 a week when i moved in 5 years ago.. i dont think i could find something as cheap now, unless i moved to maitland/cessnock ..

its mayfield, ****ty suburb, but a quiet street behind woolies, it was $130 a week when i moved in 5 years ago.. i dont think i could find something as cheap now, unless i moved to maitland/cessnock ..

Even then i think you'd be pushing for luck getting something under $200

out there they would spot me straight away..lol. i only have 10 fingers & 10 toe's (you have to have 11 iof each to live out there)..

no i dont wich is why i dont complain although 25$ of that is a very small contribution to electricity the gf also pays 50 a week

Nah, we're not poor.....we're lucky!!! :D

We're the smart ones that realise that once you've got a Dept of Housing place, you can never be kicked out which is a huge worry when you're privately renting. We pay $100's less each week so we have more disposable income to spend on things we want and we don't have to put up with landlords who want to do endless inspections each year and who constantly put up the rent.

My rent usually goes up about $2 a week each year which is nothing, maintenance issues are dealt with within 2 weeks and I'm able to do whatever I want to the place within reason and they never say a word about it cause they're just happy that someone is looking after the place well.

Glad to see my taxes working hard to increase your disposable income... How about a bit of social responsibility on your behalf? I'm sure there are many more people out there that need your house more than you do...

Glad to see my taxes working hard to increase your disposable income... How about a bit of social responsibility on your behalf? I'm sure there are many more people out there that need your house more than you do...

I have every right to live here otherwise they would kick me out. I'm a low income earner and I would really struggle living in a private rental and I would have no security of being able to stay in a place long-term. Plus, I live in a small 2 bedroom townhouse and no, not many people do need such a small place.

I've raised my son for 17 years on my own and the government allowed my son's father to get away with paying on average $5 a week child support when he was earning a large income, so as far as I'm concerned they can now pay to subsidise my rent for the rest of my life.

I have every right to live here otherwise they would kick me out. I'm a low income earner and I would really struggle living in a private rental and I would have no security of being able to stay in a place long-term.

I've raised my son for 17 years on my own and the government allowed my son's father to get away with paying on average $5 a week child support when he was earning a large income, so as far as I'm concerned they can now pay to subsidise my rent for the rest of my life.

:shock: Wont type what I'm thinking as it will most definitly get me suspended.

Living in public housing is no different than me living in a private rental and receiving rent assistance which a lot of people do. Just means I have the security of knowing I can stay here long-term.

Hmmm some interesting conversations going on, Jewly if I was in your shoes I would look at the situation as being able to save some extra money for my own place or save some extra money to help your son to eventually get his own place but then again no body can be in your shoes besides you.

As for renting I think it comes down more to the owner who they let in, last year when I lost my job I had to rent my place out which I can say didn't cover the mortgage or rates but did help until 2 months after moving in the tennant abandoned the property, leaving me in a bit of a pickle and if it wasn't for my family who supported me through it all I wouldn't still own the place. So in any state if I had a property to rent I would be very carefull who I would rent it too, 1 bad apple spoiles the bunch so to speak.

Hmmm some interesting conversations going on, Jewly if I was in your shoes I would look at the situation as being able to save some extra money for my own place or save some extra money to help your son to eventually get his own place but then again no body can be in your shoes besides you.

There's no possible way I could ever afford to own my own place on my income as the banks wouldn't loan me enough to buy a house/unit. The only time I will ever own my own home is when my mother passes away and I will probably then have enough money to buy a place outright. Then again, I could always put all that money into superannuation and stay where I am. That's just a decision I will have to make at the time. If I were to buy my own place, then maybe when I retire I might not have enough money in super to be able to afford to keep it.

lol, i think properly half this site are low incomes owners, ive been out of home since 17, im a low income earner, but i get by, i wouldn't mind having "disposable cash" but i would prefer to be living like everyone else and leaving that stuff to the people who really really need it, i have a house mate, and will properly have a house mate for some years to come, whether its someone different or not i will always have one, no point living here alone in a 2 bedroom house, thats just wasting money.

would u recogmend living with ur rents until u can afford to buy a house?
cause from reading this, i think i might do that.

Will

would u recogmend living with ur rents until u can afford to buy a house?
cause from reading this, i think i might do that.

Will

yea I would will, its the best place to save money

In respect to people who are low income earners your only helpless when you deem yourself not valuable enough to earn good money "if theres a will theres a way, may not always be the easy path!"

i have suffered on the other end of their "discrimination". i broke a lease, and paid 6 weeks double rent while they were trying to get new tenants in. after about a month, the girl on the front desk let it slip that they hadn't had a "successful" application forit yet. so they had been having people apply for the property, but had been turning them down while they still had me by the short and curly's covering the rent! i was furious, but had Civil Administrations told me they could do it, so i just had to keep paying.

In respect to people who are low income earners your only helpless when you deem yourself not valuable enough to earn good money "if theres a will theres a way, may not always be the easy path!"

Some of us prefer to have a life than spend all their waking hours working.

I work full-time in the corporate office of a great Australia-wide company which is family based and they treat us wonderfully, pay higher than award wages and I have a stress-free job. I know I have the ability to go out and get a higher paid job but I'd end up stressed and worn out from work each day and I don't think the extra money is worth it in the end.

Even so, it takes good time to make good money, hence while you start at the bottom and work your way up, im getting there....

Some of us prefer to have a life than spend all their waking hours working.

I work full-time in the corporate office of a great Australia-wide company which is family based and they treat us wonderfully, pay higher than award wages and I have a stress-free job. I know I have the ability to go out and get a higher paid job but I'd end up stressed and worn out from work each day and I don't think the extra money is worth it in the end.
yup i agree , my brother works 6 days a week - i can tell u his not that happy . id rather get paid less and be happy . but hey im a bum .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back