Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike83

Reaction score
Hi guys recently got my 1st snake a Broome Stimson from Asian great guy to deal with and great snakes.

Thought id ask everyone how long did it take them after getting their first snake until they got a 2nd snake and how many they got after that I'm just curious to hear about peoples addictions with snakes.

I already want to get another snake some time down the track reptiles are so addictive I never thought id get so into snakes I am really enjoying my 1st snake and look forward to getting more in the future sometime. Love the look of Albino Darwin's and of course GTP's they are on my want to get list as well as a spotted python :)

So I guess I'm just wanting to hear about how it all started for you what was your 1st snake then what you got after that and whats next on the to buy list.

Sorry if their is a thread on this already.

First was a coastal, was meant to be a one off. Picked up an olive 6 weeks later, a BHP and a water 4 weeks after that! Yes, snakes are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

We got a male coastal carpet a few years ago as a first snake. 4 months after that got him a female. 2 months after that got a pair black and gold jungles. The next week ordered a female bredli. 6 months later got a male black and white jungle. Then came the blue tongues, then the beardies. Now looking for diamond python and male bredli :)
Snakes are an addiciton.

My son asked for, and got, his first, 3 years ago.
We pick up number 6 next weekend :D

There was a pair of Smooth Knob-Tailed geckos (and their subsequent offspring) during this time as well.

I believe there are others on APS who have done it a lot faster than that though :lol:

got a female coastal, always said she would be an only child................. 1 year later, to the day, i bought home 5 Darwin hatchies......

First was a coastal, was meant to be a one off. Picked up an olive 6 weeks later, a BHP and a water 4 weeks after that! Yes, snakes are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

You didn't wait long at all before getting more snakes :)

hey...
well it was probably about a year after my first snake before i got my second and then it went from there lol...
personally i believe its all about experience...
so i started with a children's and gradually went up from their each one more challenging and exciting then the last going from turtles to lizards back to snakes and then frogs...
but unfortunately my first snake was an absolute nut case, and not just your normal aggression this one had real issues, it was untouchable, un-feed-able and unbearable and unfortunately i was forced to get rid of it... but even that wasnt enough to deter me... lol
i hope you enjoy all your future venture in regards to reptiles...

I got a common blue tongue, then a female bredli, then a female diamond python and a male coastal carpet python, and then a bearded dragon. I then got some rats.- which kinda add to the reptile set up. ( i sell these rats as pets, and i buy laboratory bred rats for my reptiles to consume =D)

hey...
well it was probably about a year after my first snake before i got my second and then it went from there lol...
personally i believe its all about experience...
so i started with a children's and gradually went up from their each one more challenging and exciting then the last going from turtles to lizards back to snakes and then frogs...
but unfortunately my first snake was an absolute nut case, and not just your normal aggression this one had real issues, it was untouchable, un-feed-able and unbearable and unfortunately i was forced to get rid of it... but even that wasnt enough to deter me... lol
i hope you enjoy all your future venture in regards to reptiles...

Yeah I think I will wait till I'm more experienced before getting any more snakes.

I started with turtles then came the beardies then the geckos which I'm going to breed this season now its snakes I like them all very different to each other I can see why people have such big collections.

i got a coastal and with in 2 months got a children and the bout 2 months later within a week i got a murray darling 2 port macs and 2 womas then bout 6 months later got 2 darwins and a beardie

Got 2 BHP'S then 4 weeks later got 2 Diamonds, then got 2 bredli's 2 monthas later, then got rid of them to get some womas which would have been 4 months later.... so addictive!!!!

*CRIES* I wish I was like you guys and able to get one after the other...Shame my mum is making me stick to just one... I'm starting to have withdrawals

4 snakes 1 beardie in 3 or 4 months....
not nearly as addictive as when i started with tarantulas....had 20 by 6 weeks...still have about 15 but yeh....damn animals...and they just seem to get bigger..

tarantula > bird >lizard > snake > dog...next is a child...but still waiting to get the permit...

tarantula's!!!... not for me thanks...
4 legs of less... is my rule

the first snake i got was a spotted on 15/7/09 , then i got my jungle on 19/7/09 . then i got 8 more snakes between then and now . in between the snakes i got geckos , frogs , and scorpions . [ last year was a busy year for me :) ]

My 1st was a BHP and it took 11 months of begging, nagging, crying and sucking up to get my second which was a diamond.
Have had her a year now, so I think its about time for a third...... (if only I can convince him;))

Nice a lot of people have good collections the people who have a lot of snakes do you use rack set ups or do you have enclosures ?

whats considered a lot of snakes ? 6 , 10 , 15 ect ect?

Yeah id say 6 or more not so much a lot of snakes but when you would have 6 or more enclosures would start to take up a lot of room. Thats why I asked how most people keep them when they keep many different types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back