Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 moths ago i got my 1st snake.:). i now have 6.:rolleyes:.yes they are very addictive lol

i got my first 5 months ago just got my 2nd a week ago and number 3 isnt too far away lol

Herp Addiction in general began last year:

Picked up 6 Red Eye Tree Frogs, then i got a Free Central Bearded 1mnth after that.
Then i got 1 Male Netted, 1 Female Netted. Then i got a free Pygmy Bearded 1mnth after then a Sand Monitor few weeks after. then i got More and More. Very Addictive.

Herp Addiction in general began last year:

Picked up 6 Red Eye Tree Frogs, then i got a Free Central Bearded 1mnth after that.
Then i got 1 Male Netted, 1 Female Netted. Then i got a free Pygmy Bearded 1mnth after then a Sand Monitor few weeks after. then i got More and More. Very Addictive.
your parents must hate u for ur electricity usage ahahha

got my first 3 months ago, second came 4 weeks after that and my third came 3 weeks after that... am building a 3 bank enclosure for my bigger snakes and that leaves me more room so that i can get another hatchie/juvi for my empty small enclosure, and room to get another sub/adult for the spare in the enclosure bank...trying to twist the mrs arm to let me line the loungroom walls with enclosures, but thats a story for another day........

All of ours are in full size enclosures. My son completely took over one bedroom, and has others in his own bedroom.
His sister is moving out in a few weeks. He has already been told, he is NOT getting that one as well :lol:

All of ours are in full size enclosures. My son completely took over one bedroom, and has others in his own bedroom.
His sister is moving out in a few weeks. He has already been told, he is NOT getting that one as well :lol:

I think he will win this argument.

Nice a lot of people have good collections the people who have a lot of snakes do you use rack set ups or do you have enclosures ?
my 2 woma hatchlings are in click clacks , but the rest are in enclosures in ther own room [ with the geckos, frogs, a blue tounge and scorpions] the beardies and short neck turtles , 2 more blues are in the lounge .

Nice a lot of people have good collections the people who have a lot of snakes do you use rack set ups or do you have enclosures ?

2yo coastal has a huge display enclosure because she was going to be an only child so room wasn't an issue, the 5 hatchies (not hers) are in 15L tubs currently and plans are being drawn up for what has be dubbed "the kiddie condominium' :lol:

I started off with my first snake about 10 yrs ago.....got a water python.....she was great...then id say about 3 weeks later i had my next....been hooked since.....i now have 7 snakes....3 olives, 2 jungles and 2 womas....plans for more but need to make room first

I got my first about 14 years ago with my brother (Den) we got one spotted each. These days the collection would be in the hundreds between the two of us not including hatchies. I think we realised that we had an addiction when we were heading home from the airport one day after picking up some new snakes and with in half hour of the drive home we were on the phone ordering more.

They are truly an addiction that does not fade.

Blonde... then I picked up a placid high yellow jungle... a week later a female bredli... 2 weeks after that another bredli (male) a month after that a female jungle.....

*screams* I'm a Snakeaholic... I just can't get enough of snakeahol!!!

I would also like to state that I have an addictive personality... I have a list of things I need to have... Snakes, Sex, Shrooms, caffeine and sex....(not exactly in that order)

Yay caffeine

Last edited:
got my JCP with plans of having him as a one and only display snake with big enclosures (maybe a friend aswell) the lot, 5 months of convincing the housemates and I got my blue tree snake :D. have to upgrade both enclosures soon so I'm thinking of getting smaller snakes for the leftover enclosure (like womas) and then all other snakes go in racks from there on, cause ive run out of room. Oh and i just bought a 4x2x20" fish tank which i intend to put 2 short neck dwarf turtles in soon, and maybe an eastern or gippy water dragon if space permits.

I started with Common Tree Snakes, carpets, Marsh Snakes and a YF Whip Snake as a little whipper snipper, before i knew of licences and crap(as well as various other critters). I was hooked before i can remember, but cut back between the ages of 15-19. It has come back with a vengance now, although the balance between boring and easy to maintain pythons and more active species that require more work is hard to find. I think im relapsing into keeping native fish and spiders too :( :lol:

I started with a bluey then got my darling thick tailed gecko about a month after that. 2 Beardies followed within a few weeks then the Gidgees and the stumpys a couple months after that. I would have got a carpet or spotted python long ago but the flatmate has put his foot down and said no. So we're sticking to the lizards until we can A) work out a way to hide a snake from the flatemate or B) get a new flatmate.
If only snakes could help pay the rent!

I got my first snake in May last year, which is a female spotted, then in October I bought a 7 month old MD, and last month I bought a 9 week old Bredli. The only reason they didn't come quicker was because of the cost. I might not be able to get more until I move out, no room in here anymore. I still have about 19 snakes on my list!!! :shock:

I got my first snake - a coastal - in august last year then 3 weeks later got a md, in december got a pair of b&y jungles and in feb got 2 beared dragons and in march got another coastal.
so all in all 5 snakes and 2 lizards in 7 months and still after more ha ha ha
TOTALLY ADDICTED.

i got my first snake in 2007 it was a female coastal within 3 weeks i had another 2 coastals, within 6 months I had 2 adult water pythons, 2 hatchling bredli pythons, 2 childreni another coastal an adult, a BHP and a caramel childreni and 2 eastern water dragons. Yes keeping snakes is very addictive, which you have obviously discovered.

Unfortunately I had to sell them all as I was sharing a place for a while. Now I am in my own house and 2 days ago I bought a Darwin Carpet Python, the afternoon I got him home I was sending out emails to purchase a female Albino Darwin. I am also purchasing a pair of possible het for Albino's which is going to be a future project.

My addiction is more like an obsession :p

first snake was a diamond is march 08, then i think it was about 3 or 4 months and i got my first 2 ackies, then dec that year i got my 2 water dragons. then another few months after that i got my water pythons, another month and i got my first woma. then my bf gave me his 2 ackies so i had 4. theni think i got my second diamond. this year i got my 2 new ackies so i had 6, and a few weeks ago i traded some baby ackies for a second woma and 2 eastern beardies!
almost forgot my little golden tail gecko which i got sometime in 09.

so in 2 years i have collected 5 snakes, 4 dragons, 6 monitors, 1 gecko :)

so many plans for more but im trying to stop myself. i have an outdoor pit setup so i will be getting some bluies for there, the water dragons and easterns will go outside and i will be makeing a huge african cichlid tank with their old one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back