power bill

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.bredl.mad

Reaction score
Just a quick question... I am going to get 4 new cages and am wondering how i can make it so it doesnt run up the power bill having 4 light bulbs on constantly for most of the day. Im just wondering what heating setups people use for there setups and which they feel is the most efficient way to save power and most importantly keep down the powerbill. The enclosures will be of the size of 4ft by 2ft by 2ft by the way.

use a heat mat or heat cord box. easy to make , there are threads around about them .

i have always run my adult pythons in wooden viv's with a single light, all the smaller pythons are in tubs on heatcord which is quiet cost effective i suppose you could rig up a heatcord that ran through 4 enclosures on a thermostat and it would be fine and cost effective microclimate do some fantastic thermostats for heatcords/mats

I thought about doing the solar thing my land lord was going to get it for the hot water and I was thinking when the sparkies come round I'll ask if they can do something so I can run my power off it

I thought about doing the solar thing my land lord was going to get it for the hot water and I was thinking when the sparkies come round I'll ask if they can do something so I can run my power off it

The solar panels for your hot water wont run 240v heating... Even the solar panels and inverters you get to put back onto the grid and reduce your own electricity bill wouldn't be effective at $8k a pop. There's no real cheap way to heat.... I have thought solar hot water heating could be effective if you had a small pump to circulate water through copper pipes heating the enclosures.... but I haven't looked into it that much......

Heat Panels can be a cost effective heat source in the long run.

No need to replace bulbs either, plus they create a nice hot spot and look nice and tidy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back