stupid selection criterias!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
so im trying to do a selection criteria... and its poo!!!
seriously im not good about talking about my self job wise at the best of times let alone having to write 3 freaking pages on it!!!
i remember the good old days when u handed in your resume and that was it.... :(
grrrrr
anyone else have issues with selection criterias?

I find 'formal' job applications extremely difficult. Luckily being self employed for a while I haven't needed to apply, but recently have gone for a few contracts. I haven't even got an interview. I also don't think formal job applications are of benefit to the employer as I don't feel they get the 'real' person. All jobs I've ever got have been via a simple, friendly sit down face to face 'chat' type interview where the employer can get a real impression of me, not see whether I can submit the 'ideal' application or answer the typical questions.

But sorry, after raving I can't help you, but GOOD LUCK!

It can be a stressful process. My current job required a formalised selection criteria to be addressed before you would be selected for interviews. It took 6 years to master the technique required, but now if I put in a job application 9 times out of 10 I know I'll be interviewed.

Also interviews in these type of jobs have changed, the selection criteria has already sorted out those who can do the job and those who cant so they concentrate more on how you present yourself.

I have found most selection creteria to be asking for two things. For example, I simple one would be: Have a drivers licence and ability to drive.

In this case the first paragraph you would write I have a current drivers licence vaild till such and such.

Then write a second paragraph detailing your experiences. You would have to relate your experiences to those you would likely to encounter on the job. Driving as part of a previous job would be more of than advantage than private use.

Best of luck with your application. Maybe if you posted a specific criteria you are having trouble with or addressing I could help better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back