Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldnt even put Steve Irwin and Bear Grylls in the same sentance.
Steve would show a snake and say how beautiful it is and the phony Grylls would just bite its head off without any respect admiration or appreciation for the animal..
wouldnt worry the same people most likely hated steve irwin when he first went on air years ago playing with snakes and reptiles in the wild all the experts would have had a nice whinge about him picking up wild snakes and handling them in front of the camera even though most turned out to be captives from his own zoo.

Steve Irwin and Bear Grylls have nothing in common, they are not even promoting the same sort of thing. How can you even compare them?

ime not comparing them to eachother ime comparing peoples whinging attitudes on this forum people would have been sooking when a tv show comes out and here is steve playing with our precious native reptiles same as how they are sooking now cause a man brings out a program teaching general viewers the basics of surviving in the wild

wouldnt worry the same people most likely hated steve irwin when he first went on air years ago playing with snakes and reptiles in the wild all the experts would have had a nice whinge about him picking up wild snakes and handling them in front of the camera even though most turned out to be captives from his own zoo.

steve irwin made a tv show to display what beautiful wildlife australia has and that we should preserve it and look after it. None of the animals were harmed and were either let go (or as people say from his own collection, taken back there)

This bear Grylls is a loco just out in the business of reality wild aventure tv shows for the money and to get a little attention and fame out of it. He shows people on tv a harmless looking python and then bites it head off, i didn't see steve doing that in any of his australian wildlife docos :rolleyes:

plain and simple-they have NOTHING in common

Last edited:
steve irwin made a tv show to display what beautiful wildlife australia has and that we should preserve it and look after it. None of the animals were harmed and were either let go (or as people say from his own collection, taken back there)

This bear Grylls is a loco just out in the business of reality wild aventure tv shows for the money and to get a little attention and fame out of it. He shows people on tv a harmless looking python and then bites it head off, i didn't see steve doing that in any of his australian wildlife docos :rolleyes:

plain and simple-they have NOTHING in common

Its not worth debating over anymore, I think we should give up. :)
Its been established that Bear Grylls IS God, he probably wrote the bible, drinking his urine gives himself and others superhuman powers and its more than likely that he could beat Chuck Norris in a fight. Im more than convinced that he is the ultimate being!

One thing we can all agree on: The show would be FAR more watchable if it was sped up and played to the Benny Hill music!

what about bruce george snake crusader.. lol .."slips back into the shadows"

ime not comparing them to eachother ime comparing peoples whinging attitudes on this forum people would have been sooking when a tv show comes out and here is steve playing with our precious native reptiles same as how they are sooking now cause a man brings out a program teaching general viewers the basics of surviving in the wild

its not really the basics of survival though hahaha
He dosent even do the survival tips very well
like a lot of people have been saying
he's pretty irresponsible.

And we are sooking cos he kills something eats like two bites
then wastes the rest.

This thread is lost:p

The knowledge the people they pay to follow him around have. I doubt he would know much. it would be difficult to learn the fauna and flora of all those countries, would take years of study.
He is just some dude who is willing to do some stupid stuff like kill things, swim in ice and drink urine so they gave him a show. Its not educational its entertainment

He was in the S.A.S and has climbed mount everest. i think he would last longer in the wild then everyone on this website, sure he does get infromation form locals and stuff and most people that get lost in areas would have a knife mabye a flint because usually in the places he goes people go for more than one day he also does show you other ways to make fires tells you what to look out for, i never knew that genral rule of thumb is if the plant has white sap its most likely deadly.

Edit:
Also he does five information when he kills animals other uses for it such as the fur making a bob sled. Also how to gut animals so the food doesnt go rotten and for everyone talking about him being humane to animals what about 70% of peoples hero on here Steve Irwin he did what aggrovate innocent reptiles until they would try to bite him spit venom at him? sure killing them is another thing but he does also leave animals alone. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SHOW DON'T WATCH IT there is other channels on if you dont want him to get money for it font watch it, it does warn you at the start of every episode that he kills animals.

Last edited:
actually if you learn more about the man before criticize him...
you would know he is quite remarkable...
he is one of the youngest men ever to climb mount everest...
he is very well educated and skillful, speaks several languages and does a variety of martial arts...
he served in the military for many years... and has had ridiculous life experiences...
so dont talk him down... when no body here could come near to accomplishing what he has..

im on your side with this, and i love the show too

i admire his versatility - but it's not really all that necessary - plus - i don't trust anyone who drinks their own pee out of a snake skin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back