Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Irwin and Bear Grylls have nothing in common, they are not even promoting the same sort of thing. How can you even compare them?

They both hype things up for ratings, set up parts of their shows and have no respect for wildlife protection laws?

14 pages of arguing over a TV show lol
I love this place. Where else can you get this type of entertainment for free :lol:

Who is Bruce George? :p

He was in the S.A.S and has climbed mount everest. i think he would last longer in the wild then everyone on this website, sure he does get infromation form locals and stuff and most people that get lost in areas would have a knife mabye a flint because usually in the places he goes people go for more than one day he also does show you other ways to make fires tells you what to look out for, i never knew that genral rule of thumb is if the plant has white sap its most likely deadly.

Edit:
Also he does five information when he kills animals other uses for it such as the fur making a bob sled. Also how to gut animals so the food doesnt go rotten and for everyone talking about him being humane to animals what about 70% of peoples hero on here Steve Irwin he did what aggrovate innocent reptiles until they would try to bite him spit venom at him? sure killing them is another thing but he does also leave animals alone. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SHOW DON'T WATCH IT there is other channels on if you dont want him to get money for it font watch it, it does warn you at the start of every episode that he kills animals.

He wouldn't outlast me on the mean streets of Melbourne on a Saturday night.... namely because I don't go out.... but that's the real jungle! Bear has been over-indulging in roast skunk a few too many times :p

your exempt.
but everyone else....

I was in army cadets for few months so im better than him too, we did actually learn how to snare animals and other survival stuff, to some extent like what happens on his show. They even said we could eat lizards in a survival situation :shock:

GTG my croc and roo is about to get overcooked ;) (i wish, i actually have already eaten typical food produced in an environmentally destructive and cruel way, but it came from a supermarket so its easy to ignore)

Its classic. So much anger floating around this place :D

Bruce George is old news on here now lol ....however I ran over a beardie today :shock:

He wouldn't outlast me on the mean streets of Melbourne on a Saturday night.... namely because I don't go out.... but that's the real jungle! Bear has been over-indulging in roast skunk a few too many times :p

Haha that would be a good show, especially if he had normal SAS equipment when he dropped in. Even if he just had his knife he would probably do OK.

I was thinking he should do a show in the Afghan/Pakistan border region, that would get some awesome ratings :lol:

Wow 15 pages about one of the biggest tools on television.

Wow are people actually saying he isn't a remarkable person, he couldnt survive on his own and kids shouldnt look up to him?
I will give you all some information since clearly some have looked past it all.

He has climbed Mt. Everest. Over 4000 have tried with only 660 actually making it. 142 have died trying, not to mention he did this just 18 months after a parachuting incident which left him with a broken back.

He was in the British SAS, which also is not an easy thing to accomplish. There are roughly 200 canidates and by the end most time less then 15 will make it. Throughout the selection you will have to trek 65 kilometers with a rifle and 55 pound bag in 22 hours. Do a jungle training exercise, evade hunters and then once finaly caught be mentally tortured and interagated. He was also a survial instructor for the SAS so im sure he could survive if need be with just the bare essentials.

He holds 2 current world records and is the youngest ever chief scout. He crossed the north atlantic in a small rigid inflatable boat and was awarded an Honorary commission in the Royal Navy as a Lieutenant-Commander for this.

He has also done lots of charity work and is the vice president of one.

How could you say this guy is not an amazing person or kids shouldnt look up to him as a role model because you disagree with an aspect of a show he is on. So for everyone who hates him and thinks he it s a "phony" please by all means go complete everything he has done.

AND I DONT EVEN LIKE THE SHOW. People need to wake up...

Pfffft - I ate British SAS people for breakfast... I own a charity... and I once sat in a blow up pool for 48 hours - the equivalent of crossing the Pacific Ocean... Bear has nothing on me...

Still... I've said it once, and I'll say it again... I'd much prefer the show if it was a blonde chair leader in his place!

Wow are people actually saying he isn't a remarkable person, he couldnt survive on his own and kids shouldnt look up to him?
I will give you all some information since clearly some have looked past it all.

He has climbed Mt. Everest. Over 4000 have tried with only 660 actually making it. 142 have died trying, not to mention he did this just 18 months after a parachuting incident which left him with a broken back.

He was in the British SAS, which also is not an easy thing to accomplish. There are roughly 200 canidates and by the end most time less then 15 will make it. Throughout the selection you will have to trek 65 kilometers with a rifle and 55 pound bag in 22 hours. Do a jungle training exercise, evade hunters and then once finaly caught be mentally tortured and interagated. He was also a survial instructor for the SAS so im sure he could survive if need be with just the bare essentials.

He holds 2 current world records and is the youngest ever chief scout. He crossed the north atlantic in a small rigid inflatable boat and was awarded an Honorary commission in the Royal Navy as a Lieutenant-Commander for this.

He has also done lots of charity work and is the vice president of one.

How could you say this guy is not an amazing person or kids shouldnt look up to him as a role model because you disagree with an aspect of a show he is on. So for everyone who hates him and thinks he it s a "phony" please by all means go complete everything he has done.

AND I DONT EVEN LIKE THE SHOW. People need to wake up...

I think deep down you really love the show :D

How is crossing the atlantic in an inflatable boat any use? "Storm the beaches! Arg oysters!!!!" Pssssssssssshhhhtttt..... "crap" :)

Do your wives/girlfriends know that you guys have these sorts of feelings towards Bear Grylls? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back