Where to buy snakes in WA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mickghost

Reaction score
Hey people

I've just moved to the herpetology backwater that is WA and after having to sell my Bredli and Diamond, I feel the need to start again and get some snakes.
Problem is, I don't know where to buy or what is available over here.
From what I have found, prices seem to stupidly high compared to eastern states.

Any help with where to start would be greatly appreciated

cheers
Mick

Head down to the WAHS meeting this month...(google it) You'll find the right people there... Also Pilbara pythons has reasonably priced stock as mentioned and they have a reptile forum called true blue reptiles that has a tone of WA breeders on it....Gary davies has a web site west aussie reptiles, he has some of the best wheatbelt stimi's in Australia, and they are actually wheatbelts (Gary has a takers licence and has been breeding wheaties for years) as opposed to suspected wheatbelts that some major breeders obtained not knowing 100% of their origin. You probably wont get off on the right foot referring to WA as backwater since most West Aussies are very passionate about their state. Plus there are some VERY experienced herpers here (Rob Brown-Cooper and Brian Bush for example...) It's true the hobby has only been legalised for the public to own reptiles for less than a decade. So specimens aren't as cheap as the eastern states... Which is good and bad... Good because we can still breed and have homes for the offspring which seems to be a problem over east with some species. Bad because supply vs demand has some high price tags attached to it. I'm a Victorian myself.. been here for 5 years now and love it... If you have a passion for herps then it doesn't get much better than the bush of WA. However if you're just an indoor herper then you'll be disappointed that you cant keep all the things found for sale in the eastern states. The keepers list of reptiles is under review at the moment by WAHS and DEC. I expect a few new additions but no eastern state pythons (because of disease control).
Best of luck with your reptile keeping over here. Hope you find some nice specimens at a great price.
Cheers
Snowy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back