Advice on Jungle Carpet Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

top_PA

Reaction score
Hi! We have a 6" male jungle carpet python who is probably around 6 years old. He has always been a good feeder, but for the last 6 weeks or so he has been constantly roaming his tank in the early morning, taking a "rest" around lunchtime through to early evening and then starting to roam again through to early hours of morning. During this period he has refused all food that has been offered although has shown a bit more interest when it is presented in the last couple of weeks. We have got him out of his viv several times and let him 'wonder' around the living room and then he calms down for a bit. Would this behaviour be down to the mating season where he is trying to find a mate or something more sinister? Any advice would be gratefully received!

just wondering how big is his enclosure m8?..got any pics? :)

i have the same kind of thing going on with my spotted. she roams all day or whenever she sees me. some days will not stop, if she does its only for like 5-10 mins and sleeps around 6 at night. only to come out again by 9. i wasted 6 adult mice as my jungle cant eat that size. so i kinda left her for 3-4 weeks and then she smashed the mouse. so my question is kinda the same,
my girl is 6-7 years, is she looking for a male partner maybe???
sorry for hijacking your thread

Sounds like he's in mating mode. I was going to suggest it was too early in the season to be mating behaviour but then noticed you are in the UK.

6 inch male jungle whos 6 years old? holy pygmy jungles ;) lol

yeah I was going to say he's in mating mode, trying to find a female. he is old enouph and they will pase up and down the cage when they want it.

Jungle Python Advice

Thanks everybody, sorry about the typo, he is actually 6 foot not 6 inches!! Will have to assume that he is in mating mode and will have to wait for him to come out of it. Does anybody know how long this will last?! Tried him again with food last night and again he did seem interested, sniffing at the rat but just not willing to take.

just warm him up alittle more then feed him. once he feeds he will no longer be in this breeding cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back