Frieght costs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

Just sent a yearling Bredli to Newcastle from Brisbane, cost $67.00 on the same flight for a person $39.00 which means l could have hand delivered it almost at the same cost....not bad for a fair pricing system......cheers solar 17 [Baden]

r u serious?! thats crazy!! i wonder y its more expensive?

Will

Have you ever tried to get a snake to sit still in a seat. They're as bad as kids running all arouind the plane. They should cost extra.

Have you ever tried to get a snake to sit still in a seat. They're as bad as kids running all arouind the plane. They should cost extra.

LOL, nice one. I was waiting for it..:D

Frozen mice sit pretty still in their little polystyrene box weighing less than 1/2 kg and I am still paying $45.54 from Brisbane to Cairns.

One common misconception about those $39 airfares is that there's lots of them. I learnt (through studying tourism) that these highly discounted seats are subject to a lot of things... for example there's only a few per flight, most flights are mid week at strange times therefore not suited to everyone and no check in baggage. But in all seriousness from what I've found out it's because they need to heat and pressurise the cargo hold so they don't freeze to death or die from lack of oxygen and this costs extra in fuel than for a non heated or pressurised cargo hold.
And Waterrat, years ago I brought 4 siamese fighting fish back from Sydney (in a small foam box) on a flight that I was also on and it cost me around $50.. the stupid courier company had sent them to Sydney on a Friday instead of to Coffs Harbour so a friend looked after them for a week til I flew down on other business.

I think the comparison being made though is how can a company charge so much for weight comparison when 80+ kilos of a human can be charged so little

Just sent a yearling Bredli to Newcastle from Brisbane, cost $67.00 on the same flight for a person $39.00 which means l could have hand delivered it almost at the same cost....not bad for a fair pricing system......cheers solar 17 [Baden]

yeah I know what you mean baden.. I sent some the other day from sydney to brisbane $55 and sydney to melbourne $61 plus $20 export permit for each shipment.. certainly adds up and thats not including the cost of the transport boxes, calico bags, petrol etc..

freight is so expensive because AAE contracts out to Qantas to actually fly the freight so they both have their cut and pound of our flesh.

The whole plane is pressurised anyway. They charge it because they can! They make alot of their money through freight. Holiday makers are a little harder to tempt with those higher prices..

and the snake didnt even make a mess in the toilet that needed cleaning. i guess they make up for the cheap flights offered by jacking up the cost of freight

i would complain about the price of freight , but i wont ... because i dont have the money to buy a airoplane ... i wouldnt even have enough money to put enough fuel in it to get me from point A to point B..

you should try sending and buying birds...... we have to pay per cubic volume of carrier box.....depending on box size,can work out to be a cpl of hundred dollars for a bird/s sent brisvegas to syd(because they wont bring them in to newcastle any more)

Frozen mice sit pretty still in their little polystyrene box weighing less than 1/2 kg and I am still paying $45.54 from Brisbane to Cairns.
We send 20 kg (about 1000 adult mice toTownville for $100

We send 20 kg (about 1000 adult mice toTownville for $100

I know. I don't need 1000 adult mice, I need 100 fuzzies / hoppers every month. So, the fright should cost me about ten bucks. :lol::lol::lol: Can I place an order please?

I know. I don't need 1000 adult mice, I need 100 fuzzies / hoppers every month. So, the fright should cost me about ten bucks. :lol::lol::lol: Can I place an order please?

Buy 1000 and with the money you save buy a freezer plus save the cost and hassle of many trips to the airport. On top of all that the per head price of the mice will probably be cheaper.
If that is not enough of a saving buy 2000 because our freight charge is still only $100.

An adult pair of womas to QLD and a juvy pair of jungles to Vic cost me $187.Not sure if i could get them in hand held luggage tho lol.

An adult pair of womas to QLD and a juvy pair of jungles to Vic cost me $187.Not sure if i could get them in hand held luggage tho lol.
I'm shipping a 2yo Bredl to Brisbane next week and it's costing $64.50, plus the $20 permit, $9 plastic box, $8 in tolls, ? in petrol and more than 2 hours of my time. Makes it more attractive to sell locally, that's for sure.

quick question.... i'm in vic, can make the drive from bris to home in 23 hrs give or take food/fuel stops. I'll be driving up there later this year, if i want to bring a snake back do i need permits for QLD, NSW, and Vic? Just thinking coz i'm going to be there anyways, or would i be better freighting it back?

Perhaps the cost differential is due to snake versus human ego. See the humans are so full of hot air they actually help the plane on it's journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back