Snake at the shops

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakewoman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This girl was part of an animal display at the Waurn Ponds shopping centre in Geelong today, and boy did that make me happy! I held her for quite a while, and lots of people came over to see. Most of the people brave enough to pat her were kids, but a lady and her middle aged daughter came over, and the daughter was saying "Come on mum, pat it", and the mum didn't want to, but the daughter grabbed her hand and made her touch the snake, and the lady started crying :?

This is one of the most placid snakes I've handled, she'd been tolerating kids patting...well, smacking her (you know what kids can be like) and she never showed any attitude.

Attachments

• Darwin Carpet (Female).jpg
    Darwin Carpet (Female).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 268
thats a nice snake i like the colours :D yeh its good if there can be handled wif ease lol always a charm haha then wen there snappy its like playing dont get bitten haha

So cool Yip snake atract people me absolutely Am always going to see the snakes the venom zoo here in Kuranda has out on display
Last thread i read was about a snappy as **** Darwin yet this ones placid as mmmmm

lovely looking darwin.

Kids patting often isnt really a pat is it? haha!

there just lucky the snake didnt want to play chasey , TAG your it :lol:

Yes, that snake was big enough to cause plenty of pain if it wanted too. I couldn't believe how laid back she was. At one point she tried to hide in my jacket :lol: after that she just rested her head on my hand and stayed there. She must have thought I was comfy to sit on :D

I can see a bit of the bottom lip is pushed out. Is it normal or is there touch of a mouth canker?

I can see a bit of the bottom lip is pushed out. Is it normal or is there touch of a mouth canker?

I also noticed that, could it be the lip being pulled down due to the neck resting on the hand (friction)?

I didn't notice her mouth, I hope she's ok. This was the first time I've held a Darwin, and it had been a while since I'd held a snake that large. I'm glad she was nice instead of being like some of the other Darwins I've heard about :shock:

Nice looking critter.
Now to be the devils advocate!
Did you go home and shower and change you clothes BEFORE going near any of your herps???

beautiful darwin.... have only had my boy a little while but he seems pretty placid, even when my 18 month hold is having a cuddle

Nice looking critter.
Now to be the devils advocate!
Did you go home and shower and change you clothes BEFORE going near any of your herps???

I always make sure I'm clean before going near my babies :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back