"Key to Like" for sliding glass locks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akasha81

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all..

Just a few questions to those who have built enclosures..

I am trying to source 5x sliding glass locks for some enclosures I am working on, and the Locksmith that will be modifying them to be "key to like" (ie one key for the 5 locks- for convenience) says to find and buy locks that are not riveted at the back of the barrel..

Trouble is, its hard enough to find these locks. and all of them seem to have a riveted barrel..

Has anyone ever done key to like mod on their enclosures, and if so, what brand lock did you get, and where did you get it?

Have been looking online, but no luck yet...

:D

Try another Locksmith!!!
The one we get our locks off is able to get the locks all keyed the same so there is no stuffing around re doing them

I have seen locks for sale on ebay where the guy says he can key them alike. check it out...?

Most locksmiths can supply them keyed alike right out of the box. If you've tried all your local locksmiths with no luck, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the guy I use here on the Sunny Coast. He sells his for $9 ea. In your case you'd add shipping.

Cheers!

I`ve got 3 and they are keyed alike from the manufacturer anyway...;)

I bought mine from animal attraction..

Go to bunnings or wherever it is you are buying your locks & on their boxes is a number written EG: 155 or 145 etc.
Get 5 boxes with the same number as these are matching locks. If in doubt open 2 matches up and check for yourself.

Go to bunnings or wherever it is you are buying your locks & on their boxes is a number written EG: 155 or 145 etc.
Get 5 boxes with the same number as these are matching locks. If in doubt open 2 matches up and check for yourself.

this is what i did .all my locks use 1 key . the number is also on the key body . :):)

Buy the ultra cheap, one key for every lock on the planet type of locks. Dont bother paying through the nose getting a locksmith to modify expensive locks.

Sliding glass doors are not secure and wont keep determined people out, regardless of the quality of lock used.

Just curious, are we talking about locks that require a hole to be drilled into glass to be fitted or the ones that hook/block the trailing edge of the doors? Or both?

These locks can be ordered in "keyed-alike" or "keyed to differ", the problem is when you try to get more months down the track to suit your original key, as the suppliers order them in in bulk keyed to a particular key number and that may change with each order so you need to oder all your locks in one bunch, enough to last you for all your future enclosures or put up with having multiple keys. I personally would never bother trying to rekey these locks, just not worth the trouble. I sell these locks for $4ea to herpers, thats pretty much cost price, but it's pick-up only (Sydney) as I'm making nothing on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back