Python transport box ideas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoverAccount

Reaction score
Im about to build a timber box to transport a Bredli from time to time on short trips. I had seen one a few years ago and it was ideal - but i cant for the life of me remember dimensions etc.

Has to be big enough to house a 2m+ python comfortably.

Anyone got something similar or any suitable ideas appreciated.

Cheers

...im happy for you!

Just to be clear - im wanting ideas on a Purpose Built Timber Box

...............how to make it a 'Purpose Built ' one apparantly :lol:

figure out the measurements you want and build it........... write the word 'snake' on it then the box has a purpose......

I dont think my Bredli can read - so I may have to put a picture of a snake on it so she knows where to go

should have known there would be no sense to come from this place...

When I transport my pythons of a similar size, I use a large plastic click-clack tub from K-mart. I generally put the snake in a pillowcase inside the tub. The plastic is lightweight and easy to clean. A wood box would need to be sealed and would be much heavier. I don't see any advantage to wood except that it insulates better.

l know its not wood but it works much better . l use a suitable size plastic esky , drill air holes through the side and thats it . They come with a handle , are nearly indestructable and insulate the snakie , but sorry they are not wooden , maybey a really old one .

Sounds like chickenlover wants to make life hard and need 2 people to lift it.

Build a shell from pine framing then line it with ply or chipboard.

I personally do like most others and use a 150l tub from crazy clarks which cost $15

I dont think my Bredli can read - so I may have to put a picture of a snake on it so she knows where to go

should have known there would be no sense to come from this place...

You asked a question - ... "Anyone got something similar or any suitable ideas"
You got a reply of - "I just use a 150L plastic container for my 10ft Coastal"
You reponded with "......I'm happy for you!"

and you are now having a whinge that you are not getting sensible answers ! ?????
I wonder why that might be ??

Bag the python, place in a suitable container, this could even be an unlidded esky if need be, and then you can move it.... unless you are planning on transporting via a courier, which from your original post it doesn't sound like it, i am strugglling to understand why the need to ask the question you did,

Why is there a need for it to be timber ??

You asked a question - ... "Anyone got something similar or any suitable ideas"
You got a reply of - "I just use a 150L plastic container for my 10ft Coastal"
You reponded with "......I'm happy for you!"

and you are now having a whinge that you are not getting sensible answers ! ?????
I wonder why that might be ??

Bag the python, place in a suitable container, this could even be an unlidded esky if need be, and then you can move it.... unless you are planning on transporting via a courier, which from your original post it doesn't sound like it, i am strugglling to understand why the need to ask the question you did

Why is there a need for it to be timber ??

Well said

Thanks Pythinmum and Jungletrans!! when i find or build what i have in mind it will all make sense...

ok heres a pic i just lifted from a site with one of the boxes in it - thats probably where id seen these before. Not the best pic but u get the idea. They are ideal for safe transport and can be handled with one hand etc...

Ill speak to them directly.
If anyone is interested in these let me know and ill put up some details when ive got them

You peple simply cant help yourself - is everyone in here 9 years old!?

If you cant understand what im asking for and dont have anything sensible to say - piss off!!

I know what i was asking for - clearly if you dont then pull your head in and shut your mouth... you may actually learn something instead of just making noise!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

...im happy for you!

......... whose the 9yo ??

Okay I'll bite. What is it you are asking?

He wants "to build a timber box to transport a Bredli from time to time on short trips. Has to be big enough to house a 2m+ python comfortably."

mate, people are just trying to give an opinion about their belief on whats easier, no need to be rude to some on ewho is just trying to help
jezzz......

How about a siut case or one of those indestruchable breif cases ?. It has a hanle to carry it with and you can even get wheels on them if you want.

Hehehe, I know get one of those wikka-cane picnic hampers, you can carry your snake anywhere, even to a picnic.
Then when you get to your destination...maybe the picnic, you can play your flute and do the Indian snake charmer thing!!! You'll be the life of the family picnic...

Anyone got something similar or any suitable ideas appreciated

Doesnt look that way..how rude,if you dont like peoples comments dont ask questions.or is it that you can't read properly?.to talk to people on a forum where you have come for advice like that is very immature.. bit like a 9 yr old.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back