Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel1234

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
What size bowls do you use for click clacks? Getting alot of condensation in 24 hours. Heat seems ok, I am thinking maybe water bowls are to big. When full my bowls hold 3/4 of a cup (185ml?) but I only put enough for a Bredli hatchy to almost submurge if it were to curl up in there - say 50ml

Maybe a few more holes for airflow?

Can be odd... The air holes in mine are all fairly uniform, but then one will get condensation while the others don't?!? - but one or two air holes in the lid right above the water bowl clears it right up.

Try moving the water bowl closer to the cool end of the click clack

I just use souffle cups.. They're like a $1 from one of those dodgy shops like red dot or reject shop etc... you know the places that sell all the crap ;)
575b.jpg

Can be odd... The air holes in mine are all fairly uniform, but then one will get condensation while the others don't?!? - but one or two air holes in the lid right above the water bowl clears it right up.

This is what is happening with mine, some do and some dont and it is not always the same box. I even set a dummy box up on maximum heat and it has no condensation. I am thinking it may be the snake, if they decide to hang off the bowl, or move through it, spill a bit of water etc. Have noticed that less condensation is there today. Could be cooler ambiant room temps and/or all my hatchies are curled up the hot end now and not bothering the bowls which are at the cold end.

Have considered using those bowls Yommy, brought some for a couple mice years ago and found them again a day or so ago, obviously work for you:D.
Snowman, yeh I am well known in those places lol. Where do you think I got my boxes from. Just never thought of using those, but possibly a bit big for my lil boxes.

Have not got into reading humidity levels, although I know you can get thermometers with humidity readings (my incubator has one but I would need to pull to much apart to remove it easier to buy another one). Thats not to say that I don't recognise it as a factor. My coastals are adopted problem snakes, and I have found I need to move waterbowl closer to heat to help them shed.

Just seems weird that it is not a uniform problem throughout all boxes.
I will proberbly add a few more holes. Heat is via two lengths of heat cord that lay in grooves about 3cm apart along length of shelves, although I have only used one cord so far.

Thanks for the replies everyone
Take care. :D:D:D

Last edited:
I've got the same problem with my brother's childrens python click clack. I think we have six holes drilled in the cool end and four holes spread out on the lid. I use a heat mat and the paper towel gets quite wet. I think thats mostly condensation doing that and not the snake but I can't be sure.

i noticed two of mine with condensation the other day, the next day they had cleared and i had fresh sheds in each, all same holes etc etc etc......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back