RIP Sahara :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrThumper

Reaction score
Tonite, I found my beloved Spotted Sahara passed away. She's been feeding well, handling well and been her normal self. She was happily moving around just 2 hrs ago.

I'm dumbfounded and stunned as to why she died.

My 2 girls (5 & 9) are especially upset at the loss of a pet.

Does anyone know of where I could take her to find out cause of death in Brisbane?

Thanks

RIP Sahara 01/01/2009 - 11/04/2010

Thats horrible, Im so sorry to hear, blessings to you :-/...

Last edited:
Am very sorry for your loss, it's always devastating to lose a pet especially when they go all of a sudden for no apparent reason.

I'd ring a few vets around your local area and ask if any do autopsy's on reptiles. Hopefully you can get some closure from that and if anything, that this as a learning experience. Hope the kiddies are coping ok, all the best with it.

Thals.

i strongly advocate the use of autopsy's when reptiles die in this way it give closure and lets you know you dont have any nasty pathogens lingering around

if you get the all clear get a carpet next!

Sorry for your loss, mate :(

These guys should be able to help with an autopsy - best to get one done in case she died of something contagious.

Brisbane Bird & Exotics Veterinary Service is located in the same building as Kessels Road Veterinary Hospital.
Corner Kessels Rd & Springfield St Macgregor QLD 4109
(07) 3420 6773 phone

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry about that thumper,most members are actually quite mature..then theres people like him.

Sorry to hear that mate, and it makes it even harder when ya kids are effected by it so bad. If the autopsy comes back clear give ya girls a little time to deal with it and then involve them in picking your new pet, might help them to deal with and move forward from this heart breaking event. I'm a father of 4, 2 boys, 2 girls and its always hard seeing them so upset.

Sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you all. I am a mother of 4 and it is always hard to deal with a beloved pet passing. I hope you find out the cause.

may i suggest danny brown in the sunny coast he is a herp keeper/breeder and a vet! thats who i intend to use when i get back to qld.............

i have had autopsys done by my herp vet in perth he is brilliant pitty i cant bring him with me lol

Thanks all....results come back as inconclusive. I've been reassured she didn't die of starvation, dehydration or overheating.

I guess it just becomes one of lifes lessons. To be on the safe side, I immediately disposed of rest of mice from same batch just incase.

Thanks again

sorry to hear about your lost. I have 3 spotted pythons and I would be very upset if one of them died. They are like family.
I hope you get the closure you want so you can put ur mind at rest.
Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back