Sleepy Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy_07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update you on my yearling Bredli, Jagger :)

After a month of patience, Jagger is slowly coming around :) He still strikes out a bit, but almost never tags. He still freaks out a bit when he sees my other hand (the one he isn't sitting on) move around, but if I just slowly bring it closer so he can smell that it's me, he calms down again. I feel like a proud mum with an anti-social, biting child, who has finally decided licking is better :D

I just had him out for a great little session - he only freaked out once, and he was happy to just chill with me on the couch, and eventually, went for a little roam around the top of the couch and my hair - only the second time he's been happy to do that! :)

Perhaps Jagger's sleeping habits should have clued me in to how relaxed he could potentially be - when I came over the other day, I took a peek in his container and, surprisingly, he was out of his hide, in the cool end. But when I looked harder, I saw that the top 1/3 of his body and his head were rolled over on his side, and his mouth was hanging open :shock: Well, I thought he was a goner. But as I opened the lid and went to poke him to confirm my theory, he woke up with a massive start and tagged me instead!! Who heard of a snake sleeping on their side, with their mouth hanging open?! If he sis that in the wild, I'm sure a kooka would pick him off :lol:

Anyway, I just felt like sharing... :oops:

Some pics, in case you have forgotten his face.
P1020056.jpg

DSC_2099.jpg

DSC_2102.jpg

Ha ha that sounds awesome! You've got to get pictures if he ever does it again.

yeah, thanks snakelove - I never used to defrost mice or rats in hot water, and so the substrate was never an issue - that was the first time I'd combined the two, and yes, it did stick. Luckily, the substrate reptile safe and digestible, but I have changed it since then :) thanks for your concern, though :)

The camera now lives next to his container - I'll get you next time, jagger!

oh thats good to know! wouldn't want a compacted bredli that's for sure. jagger is a bit dark atm how old is he? =)

He's roughly a year - and getting darker by the shed!!! I can't believe it!! I had his clutch mate for a couple of months before him (but he was super agro, was ended up doing a swap, as it was the first really agro snake I'd had, and a bit much), and that guy reddened up with a couple of sheds into gorgeous colours - so when I swapped him for another in the clutch, was thinking that the colouration would be similar. But Jagger looks black somedays now, and getting darker!

My bredli and womas sleep on their sides sometimes. If they werent male I'd think they were gravid and going belly up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back