Reptile Vets in Melbourne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantazmic

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Ya

Everything is fine
Elvira pooed shed and fed today !!!!!!!!
So she is settling in very well and we arent having any problems which is amazing given we have never had a snake before and have no idea what we are doing.

Anyway I wanted to ask.......just in case something goes wrong.....who is the best reptile vet in melbourne. I do have a very good vet i go to for my dogs but snakes are something completely different and I dont want my vet 'learning' on my beautiful Elvira.

I know that sounds mean but I think the name of a good person in my babies folder would be a really good idea in an emergency

Regards

Elizabeth

depends what area are you in can you narrow it down a bit unless you dont mind travelling. We have only ever been once to the vet and that was a few years ago but he advertises in the reptile mags.Dr Peter Cameron Altona North Vet

Thanks for the response

We are in south east melbourne but dont mind travelling...altona is a fair way away but we can get there if we need to

Elizabeth

Karingal vet on frankston cranbourne road this his name is Simone down there awsome guy and knows his reptiles took my Darwin there when it got a pallet stuck in it's throwt . Just not 100% on the name

Karingal vet on frankston cranbourne road this his name is Simone down there awsome guy and knows his reptiles took my Darwin there when it got a pallet stuck in it's throwt . Just not 100% on the name

His name is Shane Simpson, i would highly recommend him.

Hi Spikey,

I would also recommend Tristian and Sasha at the Lort Smith. I've seen Tristian personally and he is great, lovely guy too.

Peter Cameron is excellent....he was the only herp vet in melbourne I would go to.

Cheers,
Scott

Peter Cameron is excellent....he was the only herp vet in melbourne I would go to.

Cheers,
Scott

Agreed Scott, But i think Peter has left the practice in Altona and is working in the Eastern suburbs.

Yep. Shane from Karingal Vet. Came highly recommended and would recommend him to anyone. Good luck with ya newbie. Hopefully you wont need vets.

tristian and sasha are great we had our sons snake opperated on at lort smiths and they were great and cheap . and shane is also great down at karingal and also have herd of jim greenwood at canterberry

i am lucky so far not to have to see any vets for my girl, but i have heard on the grapevine, that Sasha is fantastic, She is at the Lort Smith Animal Hospital, in Villiars st North Melbourne..but i think shes only there two mabey three days a week . I take my dog and cat there and have always found them to be very caring and helpful.. Oh and they do also offer a payment plan, for when your bill is big, which made it easier not stressing about choosing the best options of care for my babies..

Hi everyone

thank you so much for your replies
I am going to look up all the contacts on the weekend and write myself some notes about vets I can go to and put them in the front of Elvira's folder........you know the rule.....Murphys law...if you are organised and prepared...it doesnt happen...I live my life by it....and it seems to work....well most of the time lol

Elizabeth

hey all, Saha @ lort smith animal hospital is the only person I would ever deal with in melbourne!!!
My 12 year old diamon python became egg bound last year & she was the only vet in melbourne that was confident enough to perform a ceaser. all is now well & good!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back