How to warn others?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another section would also be good where dodgey buyers (tyre kickers) using the site to waste peoples time could be rated.

it's just the nature of doing business. i've been hounded over certain animals and when it comes time to supply, the buyers have all gone. maybe a hundred interested people in vic, half of whom were at some stage going to deposit money, for perthensis, morph boyds and geckos and i have yet to sell one animal to a victorian.

but why try and call them dodgy buyers. if someone walks into Harvey Normans and says i'll come back tomorrow and never comes back, what's the difference? going to the airport is a waste of my time, but if you want to sell something, you have to cop the good with the bad, and naming people because you have had something go not as well as you wanted, only causes people to try and square up, and you'll find there will be really decent people hurt.

people's perception of what a good transaction is generally weighted towards how good the deal was for them. i'm currently holding some gex for someone and i can see she hasn't been on this site for a few days, but if when she gets back on, she doesn't want them, i wouldn't want to post that she's a dodgy buyer.

there's other people with whom i've had transactions with, and for one reason or another, you decide not to ever do business with them again. you don't need to air your laundry.

If people are worried about loosing money they could pay through paypal. It doesn't cost to set up an account and you don't have to have an account as the seller to recieve payment, I understand there is a small fee for the seller but they could add this to the total cost.

Paypal comes with a buyer proctect scheme I'm not exactly sure how it works but its better than direct deposit.

Paypal is used so often by dodgy buyers I can not imagine why any seller in their right mind would ever consider it.
It is set up to protect the buyer with absolutely no consideration to the seller.

Paypal is used so often by dodgy buyers I can not imagine why any seller in their right mind would ever consider it.
It is set up to protect the buyer with absolutely no consideration to the seller.
if you have delivery confirmation ie registered post etc then the seller stands on agood footing. The dodgy sellers will still scam with paypal, if the money isnt in their paypal account then you wont get a refund. I have been on the receiving end a few times.

only way is to pay by Credit card with paypal and if it goes to dispute and you dont get your money back, get your bank to do a charge back.

Aftr thinking the solution to all of this is easy I have come to the conclusion it is more than complicated. What I actually think might be useful is a buyers guide and a sellers guide with step by step recommendations of the sorts of questions to ask and research you should do when buying or selling a reptile. This way the site is helping newbies either selling or buying to protect themselves from nutters....just a thought....doesn't stop stuff happening but might help people to protect themselves and help prevent it happening

what about if when you buy of a person similar to the feed back sextion is to say you baught it and then you may right a feedback in the forsale thread or have a positive or negitive rating like on ebay but with the feedback in the forslae threads you should be able to say this seller was abit dodgy and your unhappy ??

Ebay way is to go, it gives the buyer a chance to voice their opinion but it also gives the seller the chance to explain. I've been in customer service for over 17yrs and trust me you can not make everyone happy - there are some people out there that should just wear a "I AM STUPID" sign so you know not to waste your time if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back