Organising Freight.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have been requested to freight some of my Pygmy Beardeds to Queensland and Mudgee, NSW. I would like to know what i need to do to organise the postage for both of these packages. Do i contact AAE, or?? Im just confused i have never done this before. Im checking out AAE's site now.... if you can lend me a hand can you please PM me. Thanks.

First off,

Get an import/export permit (get the buyers to do the same).

Some AAE depots are different, but you will need to use a solid container (with air holes and appropriate labelling) to send them in.

Then contact AAE and arrange flights with them and the buyer.

Hope it helps, i only have a limited knowledge on freighting.

i just shipped four adult carpets from WA to QLD and i had to use a foam esky with air holes, a solid wooden frame to protect the animals around the esky and the animals themselves were in calico bags

all went well they arived fine

Does anyone know what are the procedures from Victoria to QLD? Thinking of buying lizards from a private seller in Vic.

Kenshin, was foam esky with air holes your decision? Or is there a set rule of transport boxes?

Does anyone know what are the procedures from Victoria to QLD? Thinking of buying lizards from a private seller in Vic.

Kenshin, was foam esky with air holes your decision? Or is there a set rule of transport boxes?

having kept and traded herps in qld and wa the eskys were what i recived alot of herps in including a 10'6" olive python from urs the wooden frame surrounding the esky was new and wa aae dictates you must use them and its not a bad idea it helps prevent the herps from getting crushed i also added the air holes as they are not normally used but i felt 8-9hrs in a bag and in a small box definatly warrented some fresh air

Would need to be a fairly solid esky though?
I am imagining a 10mm foam box like you get at fruit and veg shops, with a bit of a frame around it.
Would a proper foam esky cost a bit?
Just curious in case this sounds critical, which is not my intent. I have hatchies myself and am curious about transport.
I remember seeing fish transported in what looked like the fruit/veg type eskys but without the frame, unless it was inside.

yes the same eskys you transit fish in are fine and the little fruit n veg eskys are good they are quiet tough the wooden frame you can knock up to fit around the esky and youjust slide the esky in after the animals are packed

Australia Air Express does aus wide shipping and i cant really complain about the price 4x adult carpets from perth to bris for 143 buck, on the phone they quoted me 180-200 they do not however provide the pakages you need to make your own

Thanks so much for the info Kenshin! It'll help me heaps! :)

The appropriate size "Willow" plastic esky are faily cheap and strong. If you can jump on it without it breaking its should be ok. i dont think fish have the same aae packaging regulations.

Sorry for the stupid questions but where do i go to organise the freight of the pakcages... Australia Post?

You have to book the parcels in with AaE for specific flights, then you have to personally take the parcels to AaE depot in your town. You can get courier to to theke it to the depot but I would do it with live animals. As far as I know AaE do not pick up or deliver livestock. That means personal drop in and personal pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back