Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench_Warmer01

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I had a friend from the kimberley area, send me these pictures of a snake they saw near her cabin, the locals including a 'knowledgable aboriginal man' assured everyone this snake was an olive python, I've already had it looked at.

but's an interesting one, and im bored,anyone else wanna have a guess? liasis or anteresia?

Don't trust every "knowledgable aboriginal man" you meet in the Kimberley, I once had someone tell me the Black-headed Python I was removing from the road was venomous because , up that way , they all mate with King Browns :)!

Local Childrens, for sure!!

It has a faint pattern, so not an olive. Also, the headshape looks wrong to be an olive. Antaresia of some sort... childrens seem to fade the most with age, so possibly childrens?

Good size Children's....must be good tucker up there :)

Antaresia childreni - can see slight patterning and has a different looking head to Liasis.

I shouldve also added, this snake was around 1 metre long, Ive been trying to convince my friend it's a childrens, but according to her and the 'experienced aboriginal man' it's an olive, he knows because he's a local.. ;)

Length is about right for a childrens python as well. definitely wasn't an olive :)

That definitely looks like childreni to me, faint patterning but it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back