Woma Drinking

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpb02

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all my young woma does not really seem to drink i change his water every few days and it always seems to be the same level.

but when ever i am handling him i put him over his water bowl and he will drink while i hold him. it has me a little confused.

i would be thinking he is drinking he just doesnt drink much, does that sound right?

Yes. Its easy to not see them drink. If its passing urates then its a good chance its drinking.

I've had my Bredl's for 14 months & never seen either of them drink. The day I took delivery of my female Woma, she had a big drink within minutes of being transferred from the transport box to the tub (dry flight haha). Still yet to see my male Woma drink.

they do drink so make sure u keep the water there. i have seen all of my snakes drink at one point or another. i see my little woma, water python and one of my diamonds drinking quite a bit :)

Thanks every one. It is pretty funny watching them drink. As for my little jungle She prefers to spread water everywhere I swear she is half sea snake

i would often see my BHPs and Womas drinking when the water was changed. My male jungle would often swim through new water and would fully submerge his body as he went through - weird.

Was at a mates place the other week and one of his greens was having a drink when I turned around - he said he had only seen them drink a couple of times over about 6 years of having them.

They will get a lot of water from their food - especially if you give it to them nice and wet.

Yeh well I only did my first wet feed on Saturday and the jungle took it well and ate it straight away as did woma (expected) so yeh will do that from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back