Some herping pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Unexpectidly went herping this afternoon, was flying Kites in the wind then decided to go for a walk....have never seen a thing here before, but today was a good day for basking..

Sorry about the bad pics, i couldnt get close enough
This dude was hugeee,, i thought it was a land mullet, but am not sure now, all i know its one big skink! lol
I tried getting a better pic, but he ran into the pipe and then hissed at me :D

P1010001_01.jpg

Then we found a Juvie dragon of some sort basking in the sun, he ran off before i could get the camera out.. but just up further we found this little guy...sooo cute (sorry about the bad pic )
P1010006_02-1.jpg

Then this pretty skink.. not sure what its called..you cant see his head either lol

P1010007_02-1.jpg

And then we also had this pretty view...

P1010004_02.jpg

yes land mullet, it has a nice choice of hide, dragon is jacky dragon, skink is ctenotus robustus

Good job at spotting them and thanks for sharing, its great to see we can still go out and find these in their natural habitat.

Well done sel, thanks for sharing your photos. I think that bottom reptile is a coppertail skink, but im not 100% sure.

Last skink is C. robustus, very common around the central coast, though hard to get good pics of... without catching them anyway....

Last skink is C. robustus, very common around the central coast, though hard to get good pics of... without catching them anyway....

Cool, thanks Jason..i had slim to none chance of catching him lol stupid piece of grass in the way!

Skink looks like a ctenotus tainelatus pardon the spelling

If it's a robustus it's got nice rear end red coloring to it

def robustus because of markings on sides, not uncommon for the robustus to have nice colour like that though!

Netted dragons are not found anywhere even close to the central coast, maybe a few hundred km west of the great dividing range and it would be more believeable. It also looks nothing like a netted dragon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back