help wanted...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nagini-baby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ok so i am officially chicken of a tiny python.. i am wanting to get some help from someone in the darra/indooroopilly area to get over this sillyness.. he has bitten me once and i no it doesnt hurt but every time i go to get him out i jam up... i really want to get him out and settle him down but im chicken... anyone willing to help out there?

I'm at Manly West and you're more than welcome to come over and handle some of my really tame snakes to try and get over it.

Trust the girls to be the first to offer a lending hand :lol: the boys will just tell you to take a spoonfull of concrete and toughen up ! ! !

Trust the girls to be the first to offer a lending hand :lol: the boys will just tell you to take a spoonfull of concrete and toughen up ! ! !

bahahaha thats what i was thinking!

it can be hard learning to deal with a snappy snake. i was recently baby sitting a carpet python, i went to change the water and in the time it took for me to put my hand in, get the dish and get my hand out she bit me 6 times all on the 1 finger!! i was more than happy to hand her back at the end of the month! lol

I would come help but i am new to the snake world myself and would be more hindrence than help! :|

thanks for the offers guys i have another python who is lovely and quiet its just this one has me bluffed.

haha yeh im still a timid of my little jungle she trys to eat me every chance she gets, but i have found that using a hook works best i hook her then hold her on that for a minute or so then i place my hand under the hook and put her on my hand. i still get bitten but not as often

there are a lot of people who get out psyched by their pythons, but most wont admit it...... mine had me fooled for ages....

i want to get it out of my system asap before the little one realizes mum is chicken poo

well hopefully some of the offers come good for you, and all will be good in a few months...

kirsty has pmd me and we are trying to organize a time. so thankyou to everyone who has offered if i need any further help ill be sure to accept.

wear a windcheater or raincoat pulled down over ur hands so any strikeable areas are covered in a fabric that will protect u, but not get the snakes teeth caught, pick ur snake up using ur hands so it gets used to teh feel of ur skin,...u should gain confidence with him and he should calm down fro u, i find they seem to react to how ur feeling, i always take a deep breath and try to relax before getting my jungles out, lol,....

That's a good idea to cover your arms until you get used to the strikes

i have read a suggestion somewhere that old socks work well too... worn on your hands, i don't recommend trying to get a fiesty snake out of its home with your feet....:lol:

i find they seem to react to how ur feeling

I agree with that completely... my MD is so super calm but when my dad handles her she tenses up completely. Other people probably couldnt tell, coz she doesnt bite or lash out or anything, but she's just not her usual relaxed self.

Sorry I cant help beyond that... saving my money to get a jungle.... knowing my luck it'll be a little chainsaw!!

i have read a suggestion somewhere that old socks work well too... worn on your hands, ...:lol:
Yer that was me.:). it worked on one of my jungles i reckon give it a go.. the scent must help.;)

I was watching a thing on snake bytes yesterday and they tested the myth that using a glove with a pattern stops a snake from biting...bare hands he was bitten red gloves bitten where's wally striped gloves no bite - well for a min it worked- seemed like a chainsaw of a snake though : p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back