Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PurePain

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I can't help but notice alot of people here photograph there snakes on the ground without holding onto them. Is this common practice for alot of owners? Personally i would be paranoid it would take of and never been seen again

well normally they photograph away from somewhere where the snake can hide. also pythons are relitivly slow.

sorry for the spelling :)

you need to guard them like a hawk, always be very close and KNOW your snake, are they flighty or are they calm? etc... I find mine watch me and they're pretty easy to predict (I know their behaviour, mostly) but I still eagle eye them and keep a hook handy for reaching out to a runaway snake. and what orange said, keep themin the open, away from easy hiding places.

i take mine out but am never more than 2-3 steps away and my g/f is out with me for an extra set of eye's/hands if they do make a "run" for it, but most of the time the come towards me as i think they dont really like being out in the open and i am the closest hideing spot.

I let my two Bredli's play together in an eight foot tree on the naturestrip. They snoop around for a while then usually curl up. Getting them out of the tree is the fun part lol

my kids keep guard too and aren't afraid to pick them up and steer them in the right direction if they are on the ground :)

lol at letting them in a tree that's crazy! My new snake i'm picking up in a couple of weeks is a bit flighty but settles down after about 5 minutes of handling. Hopefully she should settle right down when i get her out every day but i think i will limit her to hand trips outside for now

can't imagine them taking off, more chance of a kookaburra swooping down, they love snakes!

My two are bout 1.5 metres in length and pretty big so they move pretty slow....unless u have the scent of food on u of course, then they move like lightning lol

just get to know ur snake and in time, u too will be having a picnic with ur snake :)

I take my Imbricata for "a walk " outside she loves to have a bit of sun ... and it saves the big clean up of the enclosure if I time it right !

i let my big girl out shes nearing 6ft now! when i put her down tho she just comes back to me lol!
once i had to run inside as the phone rang and left her there came back like 1 min later and she hadn't moved with my 2 cats about 10 m in front of her wondering what the hell it was! lucky for me she didn't take off! lucky for my cats she didn't go them...

I take my Imbricata for "a walk " outside she loves to have a bit of sun ... and it saves the big clean up of the enclosure if I time it right !

There is a guy that lives near me see him walking his snake and dog at the same time sometimes...

i let my big diamond have run of the house pretty much,he loves to sit on the t.v,:) if i dont let him out now n then he sooks at the window.but he's 6 foot so not so hard to missplace and all our rooms are escape proof..vet said.. "if he wants to come out and sit on the couch and watch t.v..let him and be thankfull he wants to be part of your family".;).

i usually let my snakes have a crawl in the sun during winter and i ran inside to get somethng (cant remember what) got back and my female coastal, about 1.6m and usually slow, was already scaling the neighbours screen door. i jumped the fence quick smart and got her back

My woma doesn't even move when he is on grass he just sits there until I pick him up and put him back inside

well i take all of my snakes outside and the first time you take them out there you will notice that they will be more surprised of there surroundings in a calm matter and after time they will get yous to being outside

For smaller snakes snakes obviously I am paranoid about birds n stuff but generally I hover over them and keep one hand sorta over there belly so i can quickly grab them if i need to. I usually only have them out there for 5-10mins just for something different, new smells + natural sunlight etc, and they seem to enjoy it.

I let mine out all the time. Not worried about them making a break for it, more worried about a bird eyeing them from surrounding trees! I always have a hook close by and a big stick in my hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back