Should Queensland go for Daylight Savings?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Queensland adopt Daylight Savings

• Queensland should adopt Daylight Savings

Votes: 60 46.5%
  • Queensland should NOT adopt Daylight Savings

Votes: 69 53.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL but we're talking about 60 minutes aren't we? my sleep varies more than an hour all the time. Especially if I watch a movie or something. ........ I love how passionate people are though... Wait a sec while I go grab some more wood....

:)

I love it... but... at the same time I think you're going to need even more wood...

We don't need to change our daylight hours up here because of the tropical conditions - we have 10 - 14 hour days for the entire year... So it doesn't affect me... So the fact I am actually against DST must have some reason... Hell... Even if you say it's just an hour... that's exactly what I say! It is just an hour - so why bother.... :)

It's not a passion - but more a relief to see that we can divide our selves into DSTL and DSTH (lovers and haters) there doesn't seem to be many in the middle where it doesn't affect them.

The positives are awesome in some cases...

The negatives are detrimental in others...

Medical studies are done... so there must be some significance....

Energy studies are done - so again some significance...

But the real answer will lie in a referendum... What people want - whether informed or not...

And right now - we're pretty much split right down the middle... Is it that bad to know that there's a 50/50 split in the argument?

I don't think so - I think it's healthy and normal...

So it is - Just an hour - so what's the fuss (either way) :)

I think we should just cut Qld loose from the rest of the country.Kick them out basically lol.

I think we should just cut Qld loose from the rest of the country.Kick them out basically lol.

And the NT and WA - don't forget - they're also all opposed :)

But if you do float us off - can you please take Anna Bligh - she'd be good for NSW or Vic!

I'll second that motion. Gotta be the quickest way to raise the average IQ in this country :D

they should also stop wearing their grandmothers underpants and harden the .. up. Its one hour of sleep, wooppeee

if i have to have stupid daylight saveings here just because through summer and spring we have light from 5-6am till 8:30-9 pm then so should everybody else

I'll second that motion. Gotta be the quickest way to raise the average IQ in this country :D

they should also stop wearing their grandmothers underpants and harden the .. up. Its one hour of sleep, wooppeee

Bahahahahahaha!!!

Sure, we can harden up - well.. Hmmmm let's see - who won the SoO last year... oh... the cane toads.... Who will win it this year.... Oh the cane toads.....

That's because our boys don't need to re-adjust for some nancy pamby hour that someone in Canberra dictated you needed....

At least in Qld we won't let Canberra dictate our time - we'll leave it as it is - if it ain't broke don't fix it!

A referendum will show that Qlders do not want DST - and more so because it's just an hour - so we did harden the stuff up!!!

Now if Bligh would go and... something that rhymes Bligh!

I'm happy the way it is and I couldn't agree more with ramsayi qld needs to be cut loose.. Now only if we could stop all those Welshmen coming up to bend our bananas.

I'm happy the way it is and I couldn't agree more with ramsayi qld needs to be cut loose.. Now only if we could stop all those Welshmen coming up to bend our bananas.

Most people only head up north to die...........Qld aint called Gods waiting room for nothing! :lol:

Most people only head up north to die...........Qld aint called Gods waiting room for nothing! :lol:

But at least they get to do it with dignity and without losing an hour of their life to some cockabully scheme thought up by politicians who know how to waste time more efficiently... Just move the clock forward an hour!

I've been saving my daylight for years, decades even. I think I have around 18 weeks saved up so far.

Great idea, but you have to take the Bligh government down to your lower level. We can then offically treat 'mexicans' as invaders and block them at the border.

Great idea, but you have to take the Bligh government down to your lower level. We can then offically treat 'mexicans' as invaders and block them at the border.

The good news is - Qld can survive without ACT... but ACT can not survive without QLD...

If ACT can't survive - it's like cutting off oxygen to the brain for the southern states....

What will they do - they won't know when to put their clocks forward... in fact, they won't know if they have to put them forward or back... They'll never remember the riddle - spring forward, fall back... and not to mention we don't call autumn fall... they'll never get it...

Well - at least we'll wake up at the correct time, the sun will still rise... and Queensland will have a new TV show called Border Control... Much like the original one but with more Mexicans getting shot at!

'what we need to understand here, is that we do not gain an extra hour every day - we are just changing the clocks to make it seem like it.
QLD'rs do not need it , why do we need to go to bed when it is still daylight - but still getting up when it is daylight also - not actually gaining anything are we ????
I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVING....period....

Yeah this country, but we will have to send the qld government down to you mexicans to ensure your IQ is far below our level ;)

believe me being a QLD'r daylight savings is the biggest load of rubbish ever invented, also the biggest waste of time and disruption to daily routine.... if an extra hour of daylight is wanted then do it in winter were it is actually needed so your not going to work at night and getting home at nite in winter... i work 7-5... i would rather it that way if it had to be done.... rather than sundown at 10pm at nite in summer...
daylight savings does nothing but give you a later sundown, everything still shguts as it would, doesn't stay open or anything like that just cos the sun is up...

Last edited:
Going by all the polls I've seen, I would suggest the majority of Queenslanders are really smart...... ;)

i dont want it.there is already extra daylight in summer,so why is it done in summer.it should be done in winter if your that desperate for extra daylight.

hell no!!!!!!!!!!!! Piss daylight savings off in the other states i perpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rather than trying to get us to be like them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back