Knobtailed and diamond python help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divan

Reaction score
Hey all i have a diamond python who is now turning 2 and this will be his first year hybernating, i just wanted to get some info on what i needed to do, like when do i stop feeding him and when do i cut the heat source or set it lower?
i also have two knob tailed geckos and also want to know the same for them, when to stop feeding and when the heat should be lowerd or cut off?
thnx all comments will be apreciated
:D
Divan

Hey all i have a diamond python who is now turning 2 and this will be his first year hybernating, i just wanted to get some info on what i needed to do, like when do i stop feeding him and when do i cut the heat source or set it lower?
i also have two knob tailed geckos and also want to know the same for them, when to stop feeding and when the heat should be lowerd or cut off?
thnx all comments will be apreciated
:D
Divan

Anyone??
please, i need to know if i should buy new food for them

dont put the diamond through hybanation at that age i have been told to do 3/4 yrs of age only when breeding but thats me i have 2 diamonds and dont plan on puting them through that for a couple of more years yet thats my advice:)

oh k thanx diamondbling, im just not sure cause if i can remember corectly my breeder told me to not do it during the first year but it should be fine after, im just not sure :p
but thnx :D

Our Diamonds have never had night heat ( or summer heat ) since they were 9 months old ( except after a feed ). Just give them a couple of hours heat in the morning imo.

Sick cheers GSXR_Boy tht helps allot, also another thing when do u take the food away during winter months?? or do u not hybernate them??

man im puttin one of mine through hibernation this year as long as your diamond is in good condition give it about three more solid feeds then slowly every couple of days lower the temp a couple of degrees dont let it go any lower than ten degrees for his first year and should be fine a good book to get is Keeping And Breeding Australian Pythons can get of herp shop for about 50 bucs an explains everything in good detail certinly a wise investment!.....good luck!

In reptiles it's brumation not hibernation. I think someone else needs to do some googling.

Last edited:
hahaha touche, lol but u know what i mean, so yer.
But thnx heaps for the help guys, and mate i will be sure to go get my self one of those books, thnx again :D
Divan

actualy powl your right but the meaning of hibernation aplys to what reptiles do when they slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back