Illawarra reptile show :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beckyreptilegirl

hey guys,
Overall very good show, thanks to everyone that helped make it a good day,
bought a new enclosure for the "To be thick tailed geckos" Yay, good bargain. $120($100 off original price)
anyway im happy, and great to see all the reptiles and amphibians from around the area. Cant wait until the reptile expo in homebush..........2 weeks to go wooohoooo

Rebecca

Overall the show was good, i got rather frustrated with the adults pushin past my children and not allowing them ability to see anything....But i did fall in love with the albino darwins there.....also scored some free kitty crumble.....hopefully next year they will have a bigger venue and it would be ideal if the reptile demonstator did his thing in a similar style to macherps where people sit along a wall and he walks back and forth along infront the square tent doesnt allow for good viewing imo.....

:) yeah the Darwin's were awesome, my mum liked the bredli's which was a suprise bcause she dosent usually like snakes. yeah well i cant wait to get thick tails, should be good.

my son and i got there early about 9:30 and got to have a good look at the herps on display and got a few photos. Agree with the show though my son and i sat on the ground against a post on the tent, with the kids standing and leaning hard on the rope i struggled to see any of it. Loved the central beardie though that he had, will be looking for a similar when my license comes through. will upload some pics i got

yeah i got their about 9:30 as well, it was good to beat the rush and take our time looking at the herps.
looking at all the beardies, by beardies are very undersized :(
i dont know why

I took my wife, my daughter and a niece this morning. It was a great couple of hours. The monitors were outstanding, I want some Pygmy mulga's.

was a good show, i got there about 11 walked in and walked out and waited with some of the illawarra members and a few sydney members out the front untill i died down abit. was good to catch up with a few friends and meet some people

Attachments

• 180420101383.jpg
    180420101383.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 180420101382.jpg
    180420101382.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 180420101379.jpg
    180420101379.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 180420101378.jpg
    180420101378.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 68
Excellent Day , Totally Enjoyed the show.Took A few pics

Attachments

• Picture 1684.jpg
    Picture 1684.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 1733.jpg
    Picture 1733.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 1749.jpg
    Picture 1749.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 1769.jpg
    Picture 1769.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 1760.jpg
    Picture 1760.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 45
A few more

Attachments

• Picture 1778.jpg
    Picture 1778.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 1791.jpg
    Picture 1791.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Picture 1681.jpg
    Picture 1681.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 1695.jpg
    Picture 1695.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 54
  • Picture 1805.jpg
    Picture 1805.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 52
Great pics lovemyreptiles...that is my froggy and my western bluey.. ;)

was that your frog Fay with the blue ribbon?? Couldnt believe the size of the GTF's there

Great show guys, plenty through the door. Those ridgies and black headed monitor were stunning. I'll post pics later..

Fay - Congratulations to you and the other IRS crew that put the show on. Once again, it was brilliant.

The IRS show is undoubtedly my favourite of the club shows and has been since I made my way down two years ago. As I said to you today, I think you guys do well by drawing a great crowd from the community, proof of this was the line trying to get in all day - always a good sign...

I think you may need to look into a larger venue in the future though, it was quite crowded once the numbers started flowing in, a great sign for the quality of the show but it did get cramped and difficult to see the animals after a while.

In saying that, the quality and quantity of the animals on display was fantastic, an area I think the other shows have lacked in so far. There was a HUGE number of animals on display from all different categories - brilliant. It is this selection of animals that I believe appeals to the general public rather than just other herpers...

EXTREMELY well done...

I think you may need to look into a larger venue in the future though, it was quite crowded once the numbers started flowing in, a great sign for the quality of the show but it did get cramped and difficult to see the animals after a while.

i agree completely on the larger venue.

once again in the same place and didn;t even see you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back