New Mertens Water Monitor Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sludge

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share a couple of piccies of my new Mertens water monitor enclosure. It took a while to put together as I had to learn to weld (with a bit of help from a few others) but it is finished now and I love it but most of all so do the mertens and turtles. I just need to tweek a few things and maybe find a few other friends to accompany them as it has heaps of climbing room but I am still just sitting back at the moment quite chuffed with my efforts.

The slab goes down and on with the soil

Up goes the frame and on with the roof

On goes the sides and door, each side panel has 126 welds holding it onto the frame work

I hand painted a rust proofing undercoat and then a black top coat inside and out to help see through it

The log selection pile

The pond, filter and water side hide box

The sheltered end with elevated hide box on the shelf

The big hide box with heated false floor and curved bark pieces to keep multiple animals apart whilst in the box

Thanks
Matt

Thats awsome dood i just made an aivery for one of my reptiles and had to learn to weld an all that its no where near as big but that looks mad!I asume you live in a mertins natural temp range?

Thanks, I live in Brisso thats why I added the heated false floor to the big hide box to take the edge off the winter temps but I have set it up so that it gets full sun for most of the day during winter and they seem to be happy with the basking available.

Matt

Nice job. Couldnt have done it better myself!...or half as good for that matter... I'm not fantastic at building things.

Point is, looks great mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back