best starter turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im no expert but id reckomend a short necked turtle there are some on URS for $85.00 each at the moment.

I've got 7 baby short necks! had no hassle at all! :) just if your keeping them inside,try and setup a little tank outside so they can get natural sunlight they will grow better! :) easy to feed and very fun turtles to watch!

I started with shortnecks there's a bit to get your head around at first but they're awsome - I had 2 Krefft's then got a Maquarie and they're all thriving and doing really well, checkout care sheets on australianfreshwaterturtles.com.au they have care sheets on there that are brilliant :)

either the short neck or eln [ eastern long neck] will be fine as a starter turtle as long as your setup is right .

My personal preference is for the long-necks. They seem to be more settled in general and as long as you do the research first they are not that tough to look after.

ELN is good just make sure u have somewhere to put them when they grow bigger, also i think the short necks grow quicker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back