FALKOR - DRAGON or WHAT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is Falkor a Reptile

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like i said in the Favourite Fictional Reptiles thread, he is a hybrid... But as others have also said he is a creature of the imagination and could be anything you want him to be...

So truth be told this is going to be A NEVER ENDING Sto........ Thread

yes, dont forget to class him into that group of reptiles thats speaks english too.....

;D

I think falkor is a synapsid.

Ok realised that prolly wont make much sense to most of you. A synapsid is a mammal like reptile and sometimes referred to as stem mammals. For caustic here's a bit of info...

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Subphylum: Vertebrata

Infraphylum: Gnathostomata

Superclass: Tetrapoda

Class: Reptilia

Subclass: Synapsida

Order: Dragonia

Family: Dragonidae

Genus: Luckidae

Species: luckidae

So basically what we have here is a Luckidae luckidae. Which is a reptile.

By that logic, you could argue that humans are reptiles, because we are within the clade.

Since Falkor wasn't an animal which evolved on our planet, he isn't related to any known life forms, so he isn't even within Kingdom Animalia, let alone Class Reptilia. You can't just make up biological orders.

Other than the name "dragon" he doesn't have anything to suggest he has anything to do with a reptile. It's like calling a seahorse a mammal or a dragonfly a reptile, or a starfish a celestial body. Not even a "Komodo Dragon" is a dragon, and Falkor certainly isn't an agamid. I say the name is a misnomer, and Falkor is a pseudo mammal external to Animalia. Perhaps it could be in the biological kingdom Paraanimalia.

The song that we thought was sung by a chick, but turned out being a gayboy with a bad mullet hairdo???:oops::lol:

ha ha :lol:

I just had a look at Google images and that is a wicked 80's mullet! Two tone as well!

Attachments

• mullet!.jpg
    mullet!.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 31
"Unlike most of their dragon kin, luckdragons possess neither an immense physical strength, nor great magical talents, though they can still breathe fire, which is blue, as shown when Falkor fights Ygramul." - quoted from a site on Falkor

Oh dear lord. PMFSL!! I haven't had a chance to check APS since I made that post in the other thread.

I stand by my earlier statement. And I now raise my fist and shake it at you emphatically!

Sorry ShadowDragon the people have spoken.

I was confident, warm blooded, hair, and how many other reptiles can you name with big floppy ears.

Personally I blame the creators, who have thrown out thosands of years of Dragon Mythology. Large flying companion animal does not have the same vibe, and enchanted mega cuddle mut probably is not quite cute enough. Might just have to leave it at Fictitional Friendly Flying Furry Fantasy Fellow From Funky Film.

LOL!

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I demand a recount! Who says he was warm blooded anyway?! I call shenanigans, you're getting votes base on misinformation! I'll never surrender! You can take my life, but you cannot take my luckdragon!!!!

Love the alliteration by the way ;)

has anybody seen my pet dog...
i lost him on halloween when we shaved him and superglued scales on him... then we attached a pair of tinker-bell wings...

has anybody seen my pet dog...
i lost him on halloween when we shaved him and superglued scales on him... then we attached a pair of tinker-bell wings...

The Mystery has been solved, The reptile, mammal funky fury fellow belongs to.......
(Drum Roll Please) Ty-Breaker

I think falkor is a synapsid.

Ok realised that prolly wont make much sense to most of you. A synapsid is a mammal like reptile and sometimes referred to as stem mammals. For caustic here's a bit of info...

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Subphylum: Vertebrata

Infraphylum: Gnathostomata

Superclass: Tetrapoda

Class: Reptilia

Subclass: Synapsida

Order: Dragonia

Family: Dragonidae

Genus: Luckidae

Species: luckidae

So basically what we have here is a Luckidae luckidae. Which is a reptile.

LOL you rock! :lol:

I think that's pretty conclusive evidence of my point! Thanks Mr Waruikazi!

Falkor the luckdragon

Ambox_content.png

This article may contain original research. Please improve it by verifying the claims made and adding references. Statements consisting only of original research may be removed. More details may be available on the talk page. (December 2007) Falkor
The "life-size" reproduction of Falkor used by Bavaria Film Studios First appearance The Neverending Story Created by Michael Ende Portrayed by Alan Oppenheimer (voice of Falkor) Information Species Luckdragon Gender Male Falkor (Fuchur in German) is a luckdragon, and a friend of Atreyu. He is the only luckdragon to appear, although five others are mentioned in passing. He helps Atreyu in his quest to find a cure for the Empress after escaping the web of Ygramul the Many.
Falkor has an elongated, wingless body with rudimentary paws and many white scales and hairs on the length of his body that appear pink in dull light. The form of his head is described less precisely, though his eyes are mentioned as being the colour of rubies. In the color illustrations of the original German version he appears much like an Oriental dragon. A cover for the book by Dan Craig illustrated Falkor as lion-like, while in the 1984 film adaptation of the novel, as well as its sequels, Falkor has distinctive canine features. Additionally, in both the first and second movies, Falkor asks to be scratched behind his ear, accenting his dog-like appearance, which led to confusion among those who have not read the book.
Unlike most of their dragon kin, luckdragons possess neither an immense physical strength, nor great magical talents, though they can still breathe fire, which is blue, as shown when Falkor fights Ygramul. Their only distinctive ability that sets them apart is their incredible luck in everything they do, as shown at one point in the novel when Falkor manages to locate and rescue his companion despite being lost in a violent, blinding storm and having absolutely no idea where to look for him. A luckdragon's typical answer to how it is going to accomplish a nearly impossible feat is always "With luck!" Despite such carelessness, it seems their luck truly never fails and is a valuable asset for their companions.
Another special trait of luckdragons is the ability to fly despite the fact that they have no wings. It is explained in the book that luckdragons are beings made from fire and air. When in flight a Luck Dragon is in constant motion and literally swims through the air. Luckdragons never stop taking in air and heat through their scales, which makes eating unnecessary and makes water deadly to them if they are immersed in it for more than a few minutes[citation needed]. Luckdragons are capable of sleeping while flying, and prefer to have as much open space as possible rather than be cooped up in a building, regardless of how spacious it may be.
In the first film, Falkor is voiced by Alan Oppenheimer, who also voiced Mighty Mouse and Skeletor.
Bavaria Film Studios in Munich has a "life-size" reproduction of Falkor which tourists can climb on and ride.

taken from wiki,

clear mention of scales and the fact hes made from fire and air.

and for a true identification you need to go by the original books not the movies, movies always alter the facts from the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back