Dermals help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carmen

Reaction score
Looking at getting dermals done but dont know anyone who has them to get advice from. so for any of you willing to share, where would you suggest to not get them, or even the best place to get them? do they heal well? get caught on stuff? got anyu pics to share??

I had a dermal on my chest for about a year. I liked it but it would catch on my clothing alot, so was often red :? I recently had it cut out (the only way to remove them). I love the look of dermals and would probably consider getting another - just in a different spot!:)

hey carmen! ive got, or had, 3 dermals on my chest and they are my favourite piercings out of all of mine! and ive got plenty :)
I would never get dermals around alot of hair (so your neck) or places like your wrist if you use your hands alot, basically just common sense.
ive got mine just under my collarbones and for an akward place, they lasted very well!
if you can get to the city, get Ben from Off Ya Tree to do them! He did mine with a puncture twisty thing (not the needle method) and they are fantastic!
They heal great (with proper care, of course) and after that, they are so easy to look after! No crusties or anything gross like that :)
Hope that helps!

2e0tnh3.jpg

Sorry about the huge (and posed picture) ahahhaha its just the only one i could find. About 4 months old and I used to have one in the middle.
Now ive only got the one left.

I'v seen alot of people talk about dermals and all those other things on that body modifications thread. That would prob be the best place to ask. I'm sure they'll be happy to share there success and horror stories. Lol.

I have just had mine done for a second time as I did actually get it caught and have to take it out but it was my own fault. Plus it hadn't had time to properly heal completely. I had to actually sign an extra release form saying that I understood that it was a permanent piercing, and hence not easy to remove.

A friend of mine is a piercer and she says, if you can pinch it, you can pierce it. But, in saying that you really just have to think about where they are likely to get in the way. She had one on her hand, in the webbing between her thumb and pointer finger and it was constantly getting caught on things.

Mine is on my chest as you can see so it really doesnt get in the way of much, sleeping is a little bit of a pain, but again that is my fault as I have developed an allergy to elastoplast so I can't wear the band aid at night like suggested for the first couple of weeks.

As for healing time, mine has been super fast, both times lol which I blame for it getting caught the first time.... If it was still sore and/or uncomfortable I would have been more careful lol!!

First pic, first time, 2nd pic, second time!!

Attachments

• P1110441.jpg
    P1110441.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 15042010468.jpg
    15042010468.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 180
In the first pic, it was only about an hour old... the 2nd was the next day.

I have four. One underneath my belly button and 3 on my chest. The one on my stomach compared to the ones on my chest fares better, but I've only had a few minor incidents of my chest ones being caught. They only slightly flare up if I get sick (bad cold etc) I love mine! Had my stomach one in for 8 months and the ones on my chest in for 7. I fond mine healed really easy, and easy to take care of. More so than any of my other piercings (3 in each lobe, ex transversal lobes, ex nose piercing and belly ring)

Here's a pic of my chest ones taken last night -
4542532365_d0f01e96ab.jpg

By far the center one hurt the most! The other two were a piece of cake to get in and my stomach one was the most annoying because it was hard to get in due to the skin on the stomach being stretchier than on the chest.

I also love the range of decorative heads you can get for them - stars with clear gems -
4107649610_4765bf981a.jpg

Just got to remember not to play with them! The pain is more annoying with the tugging and pushing of the foot into the skin. My piercer says he thinks the best place for them is where the skin is tighter and doesn't stretch easily (chest, neck, face, nape) and position them in places where they aren't going to catch too much like wrists, fingers, too close to bra straps/necklines/waistlines/bras etc etc... :)

I have a frangipani tattoo on the back of my neck and i would LOVE to get a dermal in the centre of it but probably wont be able to. It would be fine with my hair as it is now (concave/posh bob) but if i were to grown it, it may be an issue. Also, as a teacher I have to be careful... this chest one may not even last, depending on what my next position is.

mmm o.k, so i have a tattoo in my upper inner arm, going almost from armpit to elbow, would it get caught on much if i got it added to that tat do you think?? how much do they cost to get done?

Being on the inside of your arm I would imagine it would likely get caught, but its up to you really. Because we only have one person in town who does them (bloody country town) it costs $100 here.

I have some at the base of my neck (low nape) and they cop a beating! but they're still going strong at 6-7 months old :D

I've also heard that some piercists can massage them out? Breaking the bond by moving them around a bit and pulling them back through the hole... I imagine it'd be very painfull and bruise alot, but no cutting of the skin. I dunno, read it on google, so maybe only in America?
Anyone else heard of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back