Locked up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats crazy, putting you in lock up and wasting court time is just stupid. Then again if you wernt drunk at the time its pretty silly getting caught.

I dont remember the time i almost got in trouble for this, but the cops wernt complete __ and just gave me a warning.

There is also a couple facts which would warrant your lock up and infringement .....were you aggressive/abusive??? if you were drunk it would be in there duty of care to sober you up enough for you to understand the penalties being handed to you.... either way you have been caught lucky they didnt charge you with indescent exposure the fines and caught penalties for that charge is alot more hefty.....

Take ya penalty, pay ya fine, arrive at court with your head down and tail between ya legs and cop it sweet!!!

You sounds like a cop. If you are a cop answer me this. Why not do something constructive that acutally helps the community like catching theives/drug dealers/people who hurt other people instead of wasting time on something like this that doesn't matter, has no affect on anyone's life?

Ridiculous waste of police and Court resources. On the spot fine, warning whatever, but 4 hours plus a court date, Nanny country for sure. Someones front door different story .

I got raided a few weeks back for apparent 'firearms' in my house.
Well there was no firearms or anything else illegal apart from a machete that was under some stuff in the cupboard of my beardy tank, which is for protection as there has been a few invasions in my area and my girlfriend is home alone for a few hours when I go to work.
Protecting my lively hood is more than enough 'intent' to warrant an arrest nowadays and I spent a few hours locked up over it.

Well there was no firearms or anything else illegal apart from a machete that was under some stuff in the cupboard of my beardy tank, which is for protection as there has been a few invasions in my area and my girlfriend is home alone for a few hours when I go to work.
Protecting my lively hood is more than enough 'intent' to warrant an arrest nowadays and I spent a few hours locked up over it.

I broke up with an ex years ago and a few days later she called the police claiming I had guns in the house & that I was a violent person etc. Police arrived and I allowed them in to inspect my property as I had nothing illegal and nothing to hide. I don't keep guns at all however I had a hand spear confiscated pfft, it was in a wardrobe forgotten about as it hadn't been used for about 10 years. "No worries officer I don't do any spear fishing these days take it, but it is a bit unfair that I should lose a tool of my loved sport because of some bitter b!tch that wants to cause me grief...Oh BTW she grows dope sells coke & has firearms herself sir. And if you are into that sort of thing you can score a cheap .... out of her when she is due a fix" (Yea I was peed off not over a $15 handspear but the fact women can get away with this BS, too bad if I was a licenced gun owner a simple AVO would fix that huh)

Anyway approx 6 months later I recieved a letter from the police stating I can pick up the handspear if I wanted it. I rang them up and told them to punch it I now have a crossbow LOL.

Last edited:
I wonder what would happen if I was caught peeing in my coke cup at the cinema then, Don't you just hate it when you need to go just as the action starts.

i got a warning for it a few months ago but they didnt fine me cause i made a sob story (which im good at) but if i got done doin it again i wud of got a 350 fine and wud have 2 appear in court its bull **** wats wrong wid talkin a leak if u gotta go u gotta go if its dark and no1 around it cant rly offend any1

I say sucked in, only because my bro was fined $4000 for spitting.
So I hope you get an $8000 fine atleast.

There's a fine for spitting? Oh how i wish there was a police officer at soccer today. There was a guy on the other side who spat every 2 steps (or less). Not just on the feild, but everywhere he went. Discusting because its a place lotts of people will be at.

i got a warning for it a few months ago but they didnt fine me cause i made a sob story (which im good at) but if i got done doin it again i wud of got a 350 fine and wud have 2 appear in court its bull **** wats wrong wid talkin a leak if u gotta go u gotta go if its dark and no1 around it cant rly offend any1

I agree, but i live in a far greener area than any place with a dark alley, and If you got caught then clearly there was someone around.. and cops do tend to stick out like dogs balls.

You sounds like a cop. If you are a cop answer me this. Why not do something constructive that acutally helps the community like catching theives/drug dealers/people who hurt other people instead of wasting time on something like this that doesn't matter, has no affect on anyone's life?
Mate I'm not a cop but I do work in a law enforcement role, mate although you may not agree there is also the fact that you could be spreading a diesease/illness through ongoing contact to others. At the end of the day mate there's laws against it you did it and he got caught and really he just needs to cop it sweet also he is not going to tell us if he was abusive to them causing a harsher penalty as we would give him what for!!!!

No offence mate but having a machete for your own protection is the biggest croc of crap, Mate around 90 percent of people who claim this normally end up a victim from there own weapon....you wanna protect ya lively hood get a rotty and a insurance policy even CCTV , not to mention you would infact be legally liable if you injure them

What's illegal about a machette and a hand spear ? I recently bought both of these items from anaconda before my last camping trip? I keepthem in a cupboard with my camping gear. Does this mean I am a criminal?

There not illegal BUT if a partner, family member or any civilian for that matter feels at all threatened by it or by you the police have to confiscate it or any other item that could be construed as a weapon for there safety and hold it for a certain period of time. It is utter BS but thats the law. Just like if you tapped a person on the shoulder to say hello and they felt scared or threatened you can be charged with assault. I doubt it would hold up but they can charge you for it.

I had a mate that was giving a shoulder to cry on to his ex, he tapped her on the back and told her to cheer up etc. Her then boyfriend found out she had been with him and went nuts so she made up some story to keep him happy about her ex forcing her in the car etc. He went to the police to report what he thought was a kidnapping & they went to her home to interview her. After everything came out they realised he didnt force her at all and it was all friendly but because she said she was scared at the time they charged him for assault for patting her back anyway. According to him he probably could of won it at court but he just plead guilty as he had a long list of other crimes he had to face also. (He did 11 months for it + 2 assaults, DUI and whatever else)

ETA:
Another one was we had a family BBQ years ago when I was only a little tacker & the next door neighbour climbed onto the fence and put our BBQ out with a hose & wet all the guests. When the police arrived they asked everyone if they would like to press charges and charged the dude for assault with a weapon

Last edited:
on mardi gra i went to city and the town hall station toilets were closed, maccas, kfc and oporto toilets closed we ran out of options and went down a dark alley way out of sight of public and we all got busted, luckily a fight broke out and the cops left.

when you gotta go, you gotta go in my opinion. just make an effort to find a toilet.

yeh, i'm with most others here. do what us ladies have to do every day, hold it! if you cant maybe look into some of those adult nappies for seniors?

There is also a couple facts which would warrant your lock up and infringement .....were you aggressive/abusive??? if you were drunk it would be in there duty of care to sober you up enough for you to understand the penalties being handed to you.... either way you have been caught lucky they didnt charge you with indescent exposure the fines and caught penalties for that charge is alot more hefty.....

Take ya penalty, pay ya fine, arrive at court with your head down and tail between ya legs and cop it sweet!!!

He already said that he stayed calm and polite and was not drunk or disorderly...

I think it's a bit of a joke. It may be illegal but he wasn't exactly hurting anyone. Court is most certainly a waste of time, resources and tax payers money

Court is most certainly a waste of time, resources and tax payers money

Yep and the judge will be thinking "why did they bother with this? Obviously the arresting officer wanted to make a point here so I better give a harsh sentence to set an example"

You may as well go to court in some of those cowboy pants with no rear padding, because you are going to be reemed :lol:

Haha na just sending in guilty plea, the cop was laughing about it while I was in the paddy wagon about his first arrest of the night. I think his ego had a part to play in it he was a real young cop

when you gotta go you gotta go! seems logical to me.
must try that if i am caught doing 180 in a school zone, sorry officer, but i gotta go and just wanted to get home so as not to get busted peeing in public!
fair play to you mate for copping it sweet, seems like the mature thing to do!
i cant understand the 'i wasnt hurting anyone" argument that keeps popping up, that's what every speeding and drunk driver says when they get caught. and look how many of them end up hurting someone....
at the end of the day we know the laws, and should be prepared to deal with the consequences if we get caught, again mate, fair play to you for copping your punishment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back