Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have recently bought a Darwin Carpet he is 2 years old and great to handle. My 3 year old son just loves him. He doesn't seem snappy at all unless food in involved. I will post some pictures soon if anyone is interested. I think they are great snakes

We have recently bought a Darwin Carpet he is 2 years old and great to handle. My 3 year old son just loves him. He doesn't seem snappy at all unless food in involved. I will post some pictures soon if anyone is interested. I think they are great snakes

I would love to see them

I've always liked this photo. This is my lovely boy "Tornado". He was a bit younger in this photo, but is now tipping about 6.5ft long these days.

TornadoRailing.jpg

Um interesting as he was sold to me as a Darwin and he was known by another breeder who breeds coastals. But you guys are the experienced ones. So will have to check it out. Sorry for posting thought he was a Darwin. I won't post incorrectly was going to put up some more pictures but don't want to cause problems for posting where I shouldn't. Sorry all my mistake shouldn't have looked into it a lesson learnt not to take the word of a seller.

Um interesting as he was sold to me as a Darwin and he was known by another breeder who breeds coastals. But you guys are the experienced ones. So will have to check it out. Sorry for posting thought he was a Darwin. I won't post incorrectly was going to put up some more pictures but don't want to cause problems for posting where I shouldn't. Sorry all my mistake shouldn't have looked into it a lesson learnt not to take the word of a seller.

I would trust your seller, I would love to see some more pics :)

I will have to post tomorrow. Camera batteries are flat so can't download to the computer. They are of my 3year old son holding him. Cheers and Thankyou

Here's my het Darwin boy - lovely big fellow at 2 years with high yellow on the albino side - the underside of his chin is bright yellow, but hard to photograph!
DSC02883.jpg

3.1mtr...Thats a THUMPER....I would have loved to see that. One of the fellows I work with said he saw one about 3mtr......that one I put a link to eating the possum must have been close too...they must be out there....seems a very diverse species too...I will do some more reaserch and hope to give breading a go one day......What age should males and females be before attempting to breed?

I would say it is unlikely that the picture you linked was close to 3.1m a 1.5m carpet can reasonably easily eat a possum. Here's a link to another darwin that was just under 2m that ate an almost adult cat. CATastrophe - Python eats family's pet | Northern Territory News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au

As for breeding, 3 years is a good age for females, males can go a bit younger.

so het for albino darwins actually show visible cues that they carry the albino gene?
No - you can't tell they have the albino gene without genetic testing (not available widely). He just has lots of yellow colour and his breeder told me that the albino parent was high yellow. You have to really trust the breeder. With the increasing number of albinos around, hets aren't worth much more than a normal Darwin. I think he's a nice looking fellow in his own right. He's a good handler and feeder, so I'm happy to have him as a pet.

so if its not possible to tell by looking at them, are you saying a normal darwin also exhibit the yellow under the chin ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back