Major Upgrade this Weekend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see what you're all whinging about. Things have to change eventually.

I like it just as much as the old one.

Same.

And to be honest, the old design was waaaay outdated. And although this new version of vBulletin doesn't let you take control of the design as much as the previous, it's got a more current and sleek design. Something the APS of yesterday (literally) was lacking.

Just thought I'd mention; there seems to be some server trouble as its said as much when ive clicked on things

Not sure if anyone else has had this but i thought i might as well bring it to your attention

Looking good though, just needs some getting used too lol

Just thought I'd mention; there seems to be some server trouble as its said as much when ive clicked on things

Not sure if anyone else has had this but i thought i might as well bring it to your attention

Looking good though, just needs some getting used too lol

Yeah, same here.
Plus I've noticed the overall website is a lot slower to load than usual. Maybe the server's not handling all the activity and changes and uploads and stuff.

Someone may have already mentioned this but using the iPhone means I'm not going to read through the whole thing because the iPhone version is dead. Aaaaarrrgghh!

Well done guys for modernizing the site...as someone has said, GIVE THEM A BREAK GUYS...go and clean out the herps and maybe in a day or two after the bugs are ironed out, all will be good again...

Not sure that most actually appreciate the logistics in changing the site and having it up and running so all the keyboard worriers can log in the following day.

Appreciation and recognition for what they have done in such a short time should be taken into consideration......

Maybe we need to start another "HYBRID" thread to take everyone's mind off the change and you all can whinge there, so the guys can get on and do what is necessary......on a LONG WEEKEND remember. While you all HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO they are working for very little pay i'm sure!

How many of the whingers are subscribers??? lol

Well done guys for modernizing the site...as someone has said, GIVE THEM A BREAK GUYS...go and clean out the herps and maybe in a day or two after the bugs are ironed out, all will be good again...

Not sure that most actually appreciate the logistics in changing the site and having it up and running so all the keyboard worriers can log in the following day.

Appreciation and recognition for what they have done in such a short time should be taken into consideration......

Maybe we need to start another "HYBRID" thread to take everyone's mind off the change and you all can whinge there, so the guys can get on and do what is necessary......on a LONG WEEKEND remember. While you all HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO they are working for very little pay i'm sure!

How many of the whingers are subscribers??? lol

I definitely understand how annoying it can be to do, especially considering I've done very similar upgrades on a forum myself.

But I also understand how frustrating it is to have bugs on a site and nobody report them.

If we didn't report the problems and Administrator didn't notice, it could be really bad for the site. I'm sure he would appreciate us reporting any problems we experience so he can fix them all. That we he doesn't have to find all the bugs himself.

Instead of complaining about the people trying to help out, maybe you could report some problems you've experienced to make the job a bit easier for Admin.

dont mind the new setup but can we remove some white? Just seems awfully bright imo

Imagine if we ALL liked the new site and were happy about it????

I think the admins and mods would die of shock!!! LOL

Call me a negative nancy if you will, but if feedback is valued, here is mine. The new look is awful. It hurts my eyes and unless it changes I'm just not going to be reading or posting much at all. It's great that work is being put into maintaining and upgrading the site, but it was much better before.

Sorry about the speed issues and server load earlier today - some indexes were being updated and this was causing heavy load. Most of the data conversion should now be done, it's just a matter of integrating the hacks and modifications back into the new version, customizing styles/themes and making sure everything works correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back