Major Upgrade this Weekend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to stop the shuddering/whatever it's called when we scroll?

Today's colours are good. Much easier on the eye. Now if I can have the 'hide' buttons back for all the stuff down the sides and the 'today's posts' option instead of new posts I'll be very happy.

When are we going to be able to close or minimize the chit chat and on line user bars on the left hand side so I can just see my Friends list and what not??????

I like the way some people bypass simply making a suggestion to improve the site, and go directly to threatening to boycott the site unless everything is immediately put the way they want it.

Well, I've finally found the bits I wanted....maybe they were there before but because there was no contrast in colour I found them harder to find. So I'm satisfied in one way, but I still think it's pretty dull !!!

Just an FYI - I am going through these suggestions and implementing as many as practical, it is just going to take a while to get it all done. Please be patient :)

I like the way some people bypass simply making a suggestion to improve the site, and go directly to threatening to boycott the site unless everything is immediately put the way they want it.

I didn't see anyone threatening to boycott. I saw people saying "Argh, my eyes hurt, I am in pain and can not handle this so won't be able to stay" and making quite understandable and realistic predictions that people might move to competitor sites if this one doesn't do a good job of doing what most people want. No one said "adhere to my personal preferences or I am personally leaving" other than indirectly in the "My eyes! They hurt!" way.

I get the distinct impression that the Admins are working as hard as they can, doing the very best they can to improve things and make everyone happy, but you can't please everyone, and if we as members really like this site, as I do, we will be patient and co-operate too.

I would laugh so much if Admin got pissed off with all of you and decided to shut the site down. Then where would you all go to complain? Sure there's other sites, but APS is the biggest and in my opinion the best.

You all complain like he has to care. Sure, he probably makes a fair bit of money from here, but it's not his life. It's more like a well paying hobby, like reptile breeding I guess. He doesn't need this site, he doesn't need to put up with all of you complaining. But he does. And he does it like a gentlemen, yet you all still complain.

Change is inevitable. Although you all think that the upgrades were bad, they were good. Upgrades are upgrades. The company that owns and produces vBulletin had nearly $100,000,000 turnover last year alone, they have so many talented coders working for them, they wouldn't put out a stable release of a new version if it wasn't better.

You all need to learn to adapt to change, otherwise when you grow old you'll be like those people that say 'Internets? What's an internets?'

Last edited:
I get the distinct impression that the Admins are working as hard as they can, doing the very best they can to improve things and make everyone happy, but you can't please everyone, and if we as members really like this site, as I do, we will be patient and co-operate too.

Agreed :)

I keep getting logged out - is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks Adam, My eyes have stopped hurting and no more migranes, the site is looking great, Keep up the good work.:D

The little thing that lit up to show if you have read the post is not there anymore

If you're read a post the link to it is normal, if you haven't it's bold. If you've posted in a thread there should be a little green icon next to the link.

I hope that's what you were talking about.

Iphone

Just wondering if there is going to be an updated format for the iPhone? Since the upgrade, I can't access through the usual means :(

If you're read a post the link to it is normal, if you haven't it's bold. If you've posted in a thread there should be a little green icon next to the link.

I hope that's what you were talking about.
No but thanks anyway, before when you read a thread, the posts that you had not read had a orange light in the top left corner, it is not there anymore.

Thanks Gex

No but thanks anyway, before when you read a thread, the posts that you had not read had a orange light in the top left corner, it is not there anymore.

Thanks Gex
It's actually a pale blue now - hard to see, I will change it to something a little more obvious now. There is also a new feature - at the top of a thread you can click "View First Unread" and it will take you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back