Herps from my death adder study sites on the Eyre peninsula, SA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snake_freak

Reaction score
Acanthophis antarcticus

EP016.jpg

EP021.jpg

EP013.jpg

Moloch horridus

secretrockstrip2038.jpg

secretrockstrip2032.jpg

secretrockstrip2006-1.jpg

secretrockstrip2016.jpg

secretrockstrip2015.jpg

Taken in the lab

Moloch022.jpg

Moloch015.jpg

Moloch012.jpg

Moloch021.jpg

Beardy

ep1532010011.jpg

Pseudonaja aspidoryncha

Mike_and_Pseudonaja1.jpg

Mike_and_girls_with_snake.jpg

Demansia psammophis

ep1532010002.jpg

ep1532010008.jpg

ep1532010009.jpg

Nice adder, can you comment on your method of finding them? don't see pics of SA adders very often, actually I don't think ever on this forum. The Whip looks very strange to!

That adder was caught in a pitfall trap, also road cruising... looaaads of road cruising.

Yea, Eyre peninsula whips have got to be one of the best looking snakes around... brilliant blue-green front end and orange-brown back end. Super cool!

great pics. where are your research sites? Ive got plenty death adders on my place on western eyre, and would love someone to do some research, and maybe teach me something about them while they're here

great pics. where are your research sites? Ive got plenty death adders on my place on western eyre, and would love someone to do some research, and maybe teach me something about them while they're here

I go where ever the adders are. Two main areas at the moment are mallee near Kimba and coastal dunes at Smoky Bay.

Where abouts is you property? I'd be very keen to here more about it. What sort of size property are you on? Does it have much native vegetation on it?

Cheers,

Mike

we are south of streaky bay, coastal dunes fronting Sceale Bay. first few hot days in spring always gets a few moving. i probably move 4 or 6 off the road during this time. we have done some pitfall trapping with DEH, but the only death adder was found just cruising by. i have probably moved about 4 away from the house over the last few years as well.

the property is 3000 hectares, old cropping and grazing, but with some nice remnants. not sure if the adders are only near the road/coast or thats the only place we look regularly

ummmmmmm.......... remind me to NEVER go herping with you - Adders? uhuh, no WAY! !! LOL lovely animals there though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back