Major Upgrade this Weekend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like that feature back that gives you a list of who is in chat before you go in.....

It's actually a pale blue now - hard to see, I will change it to something a little more obvious now. There is also a new feature - at the top of a thread you can click "View First Unread" and it will take you there!
Okay thanks, I see it now.
Btw the "View First Unread" is not new, I have used it many times.

Thanks Gex

I to am having trouble posting a new thread - is there a trick to it.????

I would like that feature back that gives you a list of who is in chat before you go in.....

agree with fay now if only I could get into chat I seemed to be banned and yet haven't used it in 3 months curious if some one could fix it please.

Will the todays posts button be reinstated?

It was pretty much the main one i used.

If you are on the site, have to close it off and come back to it half an hour or so later, new posts only gives you the posts since the last time you were on, usually only 5 - 10 threads.
Whereas todays posts gives you the posts from the day and a bit of the days before, so you can scroll through to whatever you were up to before you had to leave the site.

Just a quick update on things.

Just letting you know that when posting some of the images for buttons aren't there.

This should be fixed now. Let me know if you spot any more images out of whack.

Are we going to be able to hide the silly news thing on the main index page?

It is gone for now, but it will return soon hopefully. You will be able to minimize it (as you can with everything on the home page now other than the ads). Also, there is a new "Customize" feature that allows you to drag and drop the elements of the home page around to suit you!

When I click the APS logo in the top corner it used to take me back to the main index page..... Now it takes me to the forum index... Is that the way it's to stay?

That is now fixed.

Just took me 40mins to find my password, I don't like.........

Can you please explain what you mean? Did you forget your password and weren't able to find how to retrieve it?

No longer lists the sex of the member with age and location .

This is now fixed.

Just had a look in hte 4sale section. Its not displaying the prices (that I can see anyway) I'd say thats a big boo boo

I am working on this. I am reviewing a few different options and will keep you posted.

Aps mobile has gone to crud also ....... I was getting used to being able to use it on my iPhone

I will work on porting the iPhone version once I am done (or close to done) with the main site. It will return!

I've noticed the overall website is a lot slower to load than usual. Maybe the server's not handling all the activity and changes and uploads and stuff.

All the intensive conversion work should be done now. If you are still having performance issues, please let me know.

There used to be a button to show "todays posts".I found it to be the easiest way to browse current posts.Any chance of restoring it?

This is now fixed.

i cant make a new thread????

What happens when you click the "New Thread" button? Is there any error messages, etc?

provide alternative skins for APS with different colour schemes and a 'basic' version which just shows the forum areas (snakes, lizards, for sale, etc - I stopped keeping track of the categories some years ago now so don't know what they are, but if they were consistent I would).

I am considering making some alternate colour schemes available, however there is a lot of work involved so this would probably happen after the main site is done and the iPhone theme is ported.

I keep getting logged out - is this happening to anyone else?

Please try clearing your cookies/cache. It could be that the cookies left over from the old site are confusing your browser.

This is now fixed. It should be on the left like before.

We can now also leave feedback for other members. (accessible via the members page)

Yes, this will be the new feedback system for sales. I do however have some work in converting over the old feedback left in the forums to this new system.

I am off to work now, however I will continue working on the site when I get home tonight. Please feel free to continue providing feedback, I'm sure we can get the site back to most people's liking soon, however as I have said, it will require some patience - I am but one man :)

I think the Idea of skins for this would be a wonderful idea ,,,, maybe offer one that isnt so white on the main page would be great .... but all up it seems to be comming along well ..... i'm now getting used to it and finding it more easy to use as i go along ,,,,,

Is anybody here having a problem looking at new posts... They are coming up quite wierd

I like it they just seem to be comeing up strange I will try and copy the page to show you

Still have trouble posting a new thread.
this is what comes up.....after I click on post new thread

Post New thread
Forum: General Discussion

then a blank area - I cannot type anything in and there is nothing avail to edit add photos etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back